Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris Petrol------ Fault Code /Errors

colabora962

I have registered on behalf of my daughter who has owned a 2010 Toyota Auris 1.6 petrol for 18 months with no issues during that time apart from a rear lamp seal.

However, 10 days ago the engine management and check engine lights came on and the car appeared to go into limp mode. After stopping for about 10 mins while she phoned me the car behaved as normal although the warning lights remained on.

I have had two diagnostic checks done ,the first giving  P1047  and P1049 error codes which refer to "valve lift control" (bank1) Circuit defective.

The second check produced no error codes just "Valvematic Driver learning Value / Circuit B1" and Valvematic Circuit B1.

I have driven the car most days this last week and apart from one trip the car has only gone into "limp mode"  once and yesterday both the warning lights were out at start up but came back on again after a 0 mile run and the car behaves normally for most of the time suggesting it is an intermittent electrical fault perhaps. Mpg is typical as well.

I have read many posts on this topic  and it appears that the only answer is to spend lots of money and change the "Valvematic Control Unit ".

For my daughters sake I would like to explore all other suggestions before spending this sort of money.

Any suggestions from members would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Colabora962.

Sadly pretty common issue, and quite expensive one at that. 

There were many topics like yours, but i don't recall any being about actually fixing the control unit, it was always whole part being replaced.

You can try your luck with a used one, other than that, you don't have much choice.

The prices for new Toyota parts are cheaper in Japan and the Middle East, I understand, perhaps 40% cheaper?.

There are some businesses there that will despatch to the UK, but VAT, shipping and customs duties have to be factored in, of course.  The price for a new part will still be eye-watering.

Second hand car parts prices seem a little cheaper in Poland, I notice, so you could think about widening the net to look there as well.  But if you need to return the part, then this is an added complication.

Your fault codes are different to the ones mentioned by this poster below, which is a thread that you have probably already seen, but inevitably, this chap bought a new the part in the end:-

This is also something you have already come across from an Avensis post with this valvematic problem:-

http://manualespurdy.cisdigital.com/Toyota/Rav4Aug2010/rm1322e/MANUAL.HTM/rm1322e/repair2/html/frame_rm000003uy400ex.html?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

For less than £20 you can buy the equipment to read (and erase) these error codes.  (An OBD2 ELM327 dongle and any Android phone, or an eBay Techstream package for use on a windows laptop.)

Depending on the specific nature of the error code, the engine warning light will come on when the fault occurs, but will not necessarily turn off immediately when the fault condition stops.  It often takes a certain number of ignition key cycles and/or an engine run-time without a fault, before the engine warning light goes off.  I don't know if this is the case with the valvematic controller.  This can be confusing when you are trying to establish if something you have changed has altered a failure pattern.

HTH

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

The saga with my daughters 2010 petrol Auris management and check engine light goes on. Had it booked into a Toyota  Main agent for a diagnostic check bt was cancelled due to covid 19 lock down. 

Have had the chance to  check a lot of things and now after having cancelled the original error codes the car runs normally apart from a marginally slow tick over when up to running temperature (between 650 and 750 rpm.

The engine light does illuminate as does the check engine light but the car drives normally and has not gone into limp mode. The lights go out after a time but do come on again. My daughter is logging when these events occur to see if a pattern develops.

For now we have decided to continue to use the car.

I used a draper expert today and found a freeze frame data screen quoting          "Fuel system 1" followed by "closed loop" followed by calculated load 83.5 %.

Three weeks ago I detected the same message the only difference being  the calculated load being only 43.5%.

I have no idea what this is telling me. Is it in any way associated with the problem and can anyone tell me what is means?

Thanks in anticipation

colabora962

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links