Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic gearbox issues

CathalMc

Hi Guys recently bought a Toyota landcruiser Colorado 3.0 D4d automatic 2002 , since 5 hours after private purchase I  have had trouble with transmission, it will select all gears no problem but won’t move in any forward gears (D,L,2) a lot of the time it will just rev on the spot but no movement ,  it will always work in reverse no problem , when it does select D it’s drives 100% and will continue driving and selecting D for the entire day usually no problem  there’s no unusual sounds, crunching or anything like that just simply won’t move I’m hoping it’s a sensor issue somewhere but finding it hard to find anyone in the south of Ireland to have a look  . Any help would be greatly appreciated or suggestions. 
Regards Cathal

Hi,

Just to paint a clearer picture for someone else - how many miles has the car done?

Do you know if it has been used for towing a lot (e.g. previous owner was using it for horse riding hobby transport etc.)?

What is the colour of the oil on the transmission dipstick (assuming it has one)?  And what is the oil level?

Your first checks should simply be ...a)...condition of ATF...and b) level of ATF......make sure BOTH of those are as they should be.

Hi thanks for the response , 216 miles on clock , not sure previous owners phone never rang again I’m afraid ,oil looked pretty good and level was fine also .