Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Urban Cruiser Window Mechanism

JH1982

Good Day Toyota Urban Cruiser owners,

I need some advice. My father is driving an imported (RHD) Toyota Urban Cruiser 1.4D 4WD in South Africa... the only one in South Africa as far as we know.

Our problem is the right front window mechanism is starting to fail. Normally we would just order a new part from the UK, but the South African postal service is a shambles... the previous package ordered from abroad took 8 months to be delivered (priority mail).

My question is: Is there any other Toyota models that use the same window mechanism, so that we can source the part from a local South African model, for instance Prius, Aygo, Aventis, etc ?

Your advice in this matter will be much appreciated.

Rgds

JH

The Urban Cruiser is based on the second generation Toyota iST (2007-2016) but has different front panels. The iST was also sold in the US as the Scion Xd.

Would have thought the window mechanism in each of these would be similar, if not the same.

Thanks for your advice Mr FB, but unfortunately the IST was never sold in South Africa.

Please pm me the VIN - I can then cross-reference to see if there are any other models

Part number of a RHF window regulator is 69801-52070 ( note regulator does not include a motor ) and it shares with the following:

UC RHF window reg 69801-52070.PNG

Devon, much appreciated !

• 1 year later...

Good day, 

I bought a  Brand new Urban Curser, top of its range last month.

The current mileage is 300km.   I took the vehicle back to Toyota with this concern. All 4 the windows are "loose". The windows have a big play on them.

The reply to me was “ the vehicle was built in India, there is nothing they can do”.  –  Workshop Manager & Sales Executive @ Toyota.

Is it normal on these vehicle?

18 minutes ago, Armand Bosch said:

Good day, 

I bought a  Brand new Urban Curser, top of its range last month.

The current mileage is 300km.   I took the vehicle back to Toyota with this concern. All 4 the windows are "loose". The windows have a big play on them.

The reply to me was “ the vehicle was built in India, there is nothing they can do”.  –  Workshop Manager & Sales Executive @ Toyota.

Is it normal on these vehicle?

See my reply to your original topic.

The new UC is a Suzuki/ Maruti Vitara Brezza

Are you in INDIA or ZA ?

• 2 years later...

that’s the suzuki chapati / maruti not a Urban Cruiser /IST ( XP110 ) built in Japan: Kanegasaki, Iwate so easy to confuse 🤦‍♀️ and how about this - the Lexus UX is the Urban Explorer and is the car the next gen Urban Cruiser should have been rather than the CH-R! 🫣Maybe the UX is a spiritual successor to the Urban Cruiser or perhaps they’re not! 😆 ……. maybe some aftermarket lamp manufacturer will someday(or night!) make aftermarket Urban Cruiser headlamps that look just like headlamps of the UX 🥷🏿

Lexus UX & Toyota Urban Cruiser. If the Urban Cruiser could have headlamps like the UX………🤩

IMG_5220.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links