Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil what type?

meloned

Quick update I noticed I kept my foot on the accelerator when starting (old habit ). And started not putting my foot on the accelerator has possibly made that difference on start up noise as less engine revs means engine not moving as fast ? Going to keep an eye (ear) on it . Keep ya posted cheers 

I know the feeling...my old truck needs some welly to get her going but any car with fuel injection doesn't! 

And on the subject of oil...I put in 10/40w in my Yaris when I did the oil change. Seems fine to me.

42 minutes ago, donkeychomp said:

I put in 10/40w in my Yaris when I did the oil change.

The recommended oil for a 2003 Yaris is different to that for the OP's 2009 1.33.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, meloned said:

Quick update I noticed I kept my foot on the accelerator when starting (old habit ). And started not putting my foot on the accelerator has possibly made that difference on start up noise as less engine revs means engine not moving as fast ? Going to keep an eye (ear) on it . Keep ya posted cheers 

Sounds like a bit of bad circulation, as the car starts, its taking a small amount of time to push the oil to the parts that need it. I think the noise you hear if you start with your foot down is the engine complaining ie. dry bearings, as the engine is running fast straight away, speed equals friction. As I posted earlier, next oil change, do an engine flush. Its relatively inexpensive and cured my similar problem.

54 minutes ago, scannerman said:

Sounds like a bit of bad circulation, as the car starts, its taking a small amount of time to push the oil to the parts that need it. I think the noise you hear if you start with your foot down is the engine complaining ie. dry bearings, as the engine is running fast straight away, speed equals friction. As I posted earlier, next oil change, do an engine flush. Its relatively inexpensive and cured my similar problem.

I’ve been thinking about doing that but you get some much different opinions on the subject of flushing the engine but I think I will try next change thanks . Ps what flush did you use ? Regards