Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake bleed

neilbardsley

The pedal was getting a bit soft so I bleed the brakes this morning.  I used a pressure bleeder the pedal was really hard when I finished but got soft again.  The pressure held well when I was bleeding.  I'm now sure why the pressure gone soft again?

Rear drums ? Leaking rear wheel cylinders, are the brakes soft with the engine running, a local MOT place with be able to do a brake check on their rollers/test road for a small fee to see if there is any brake imbalance

When was the brake fluid last replaced prior to you bleeding it?

I'm guessing not for a while.  One of the rear nipple nuts was very stiff

I will have a look at the rear brakes.  Interesting when.  I bleed the rear brakes the pedal did go the hard

If it was hard just after bleeding, then goes soft, its got a leak somewhere, look for fluid around the callipers and wheel cylinders. If you have rear drums you may need to check inside the rear drums, common to miss this one. Don't forget around the master cylinder and servo. If all is dry, you will need to check the brake pipes that run around the car.

Its not uncommon if you have corroded bleeders for them to such air back in, if they were soft before you started work you have other issues, as i said above if it has rear drums the cylinders will be weeping the rear shoes may have never been touched and original

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links