Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault code

homedriver

I have a 2007 toyota prius and have a c1377 capacitor fult code the brakes are working fine. Can any body point me in the rite direction please ? .

From this website: https://www.autocodes.com/c1377.html

The Brake Control Power Supply Assembly (Capacitor) provides auxiliary power for brake control when an auxiliary Battery (12 V) voltage drops.

So it looks like you will be ok for now as long as your 12v Battery doesn't go low, but it needs addressing ASAP.

I don't know for sure if this is the one, but there is a big capacitor next to the 12v Battery, maybe try cleaning the connections or substituting this with one from a breakers ?

Forgot to say, it's a black box and be careful handling it, capacitors, if charged, can give you quite a shock. Not life threatening, unless you have a heart problem or a pacemaker, but like touching a HT spark plug lead when the engine is running.

• 1 month later...

Have been to Toyota for them to diagnose the fault as they would not take my word for it and the say yes it is the supply assy, brake control power box and they cost £500 to buy. Thanks for all your help just thought you would like some feed back

It's actually for the regen, Toyota prices are very high you can pick up a used unit for under £50

this is what it looks like inside

Prius_brake_capacitor_evseupgrade_com.jp

Electrolytic capacitors wear out over time and usage, and are one of the most common points of failures with modern electronics. I think you'd be better off going with new rather than used.

• Like 2