Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Scratch New Rav 4

marlinleg

ultra light Scratch on the door sorry it’s hard to get a good photo
you can’t feel the scratch it’s just broken the top coat the scratch  looks light blue any tips thank you all 

6B30734D-53C5-42DC-A483-AE222B285F6A.thumb.jpeg.fbb02fee21c34e4068d7a51127fc70eb.jpeg93358137-C93A-4BF9-83E9-D44E833F6497.thumb.jpeg.13a5c77ae239ee76c1c7f2bb323d5ce1.jpeg

Moved to the Rav4 club.

If not deep Damp sponge pad with a little fargela g10  rub by hand allow to dry and buff off , polish afterwards . If deeper use g3 first then the g10 and polish . Just do it damp don’t allow pad to get hot .
Farcela g3 removes deeper scratches but best to use G10 afterwards to remove finer scratches  have used both for years both excellent and recommend by a good friend of mine who’s a top paint/body shop guy.

Shame you weren't nearer i could have machine polished that out 😞 As Grumpy has said, go lightest first and slowly up the aggressiveness. Halfords have all the products mentioned so easier to get hold of. Plus Japanese paint may be easy to mark/marr but it is also easy to repair 

thank you gentlemen 👏👏👏

This looks like the plastic or rubber mark. Had one recently, after the white van clipped my driver side mirror (luckily it had plain black plastic mirrors), removed by using a good clean micro fibre cloth and plenty of WD40, took a bit of time and effort, but all black marks were removed from the white paint. Just use plenty of WD40 to lubricate well. To remove fine scratches, I used “Autoglym Complete Scratch Removal Kit”, used on four different cars and it works well on shallow scratches. Again, if done by hand it takes time, but worked well for me.  Agree with Rocks703, much quicker to do it with the machine polish, but you need to know how to use it.

update I did as you advised brilliant G10  once again thank you 👏👏👏👏

F7E8BC25-9449-419A-929A-800FE283FAEF.thumb.jpeg.ce74df711b52d10493315f48c58d9031.jpeg33F33674-6695-451E-9F91-E74BF369FA9F.thumb.jpeg.a87c3240657747aa91df52fc0cc6ec2f.jpeg

• Like 4

Brilliant! Always good when you can sort yourself , can’t go to far wrong with G10 nice and fine cutting compound always handy to have around. Plenty of time now to keep our cars clean.

All best stay safe.

If not deep Damp sponge pad with a little fargela g10  rub by hand allow to dry and buff off , polish afterwards . If deeper use g3 first then the g10 and polish . Just do it damp don’t allow pad to get hot .
Farcela g3 removes deeper scratches but best to use G10 afterwards to remove finer scratches  have used both for years both excellent and recommend by a good friend of mine who’s a top paint/body shop guy.

19 hours ago, marlinleg said:

update I did as you advised brilliant G10  once again thank you 👏👏👏👏

Wow, that's an excellent result 👍

forums fabulous I have said it before, and I’ll say it again politicians look at forums like minded people helping each other for no gain or reward just the good of the forum 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 2