Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High mileage Rav 4 hybrid

Rolando1

Am I mad to consider buying a Rav 4 hybrid with mileage around 90-100k?

I know it has the larger 2.5 Toyota engine and thinking if Prius' with 1.8 going to over 350k miles then the larger engine under less stress should match and isn't the Battery same type? 

The ones I'm looking at are from 2016 onwards. Any comments appreciated

The following provides information on hybrid electric servicing (which provides an extended warranty on the hybrid Battery for 1 year/10,000 miles once the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty has expired or been exceeded). The hybrid Battery extended warranty may be extended up to the vehicle's 15th birthday.

Also it provides current costs of replacement hybrid batteries.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/hybrid/hybrid-maintenance

That's actually less than I thought it would be for a hybrid Battery replacement for a Rav 4 £1,564.38.

The only reason I did not buy the RAV4 MK4 hybrid is the lack of digital speedo. However, friend of my has one and it is a good car. Obviously MK5 (one I have) has better handling and economy, but MK4 is still a good buy. Make sure it has detailed history and check old MOT records.

20 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Do you guys ignore reviews like the one in autoexpress - seem not keen on the car at all.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/rav4/94049/toyota-rav4-hybrid-suv-2016-review

Junaid, I don't take a lot of notice or Autoexpress reviews plus other types of same media. All they seem to like are sporty type cars. I take more notice of owners comments, more real life.

2 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Am I mad to consider buying a Rav 4 hybrid with mileage around 90-100k?

I know it has the larger 2.5 Toyota engine and thinking if Prius' with 1.8 going to over 350k miles then the larger engine under less stress should match and isn't the battery same type? 

The ones I'm looking at are from 2016 onwards. Any comments appreciated

Here is a useful thread with comments on the Hybrid reliability :

Will the retrofit Android auto be available for 2016 Rav 4 hybrid?

2 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Will the retrofit Android auto be available for 2016 Rav 4 hybrid?

No, this is a different headunit. The only choice is to install aftermarket device, few options are available. Have a look on youtube.

2 hours ago, Rav4ster said:

No, this is a different headunit. The only choice is to install aftermarket device, few options are available. Have a look on youtube.

Good to know thanks. Maybe just stick with Google maps on phone for most up-to-date maps.

• 1 month later...

you'll only know if you like it once you test drive it...