Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2008 light bulb change

Lee_johnson1975

Good evening everyone..hope everyone is well in these difficult times?

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change a 2008 auris bulbs? I got the scuttle panel off but **** you got to have baby hands get even near the front light units! Is there any tips anyone can offer

4 hours ago, Lee_johnson1975 said:

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change a 2008 auris bulbs? I got the scuttle panel off but **** you got to have baby hands get even near the front light units! Is there any tips anyone can offer

take plastic panel off and struggle for 30 mins to get old one off and new one in which is what i did. get wife/gf to do it if she donesn't have man hands. try not to get scratched etc as it may be a entry point for corona virus. get led bulbs so you avoid having to do it again. 

16 hours ago, Lee_johnson1975 said:

I can't specifically help Lee, but have you checked Youtube etc. for any videos?

"get led bulbs so you avoid having to do it again"

Which are probably not road legal in the U.K.. As a result the l.e.d. lamps might well need replacing temporarily for any subsequent M.O.T..

"try not to get scratched etc as it may be a entry point for corona virus"

Really? A link to any information relating to that could be useful. According to available information, it enters via bodily water droplets when breathed in from an infected person. 

2 hours ago, mrpj said:

"get led bulbs so you avoid having to do it again"

Which are probably not road legal in the U.K.. As a result the l.e.d. lamps might well need replacing temporarily for any subsequent M.O.T..

Had not yesterday passed! I've never owned a car where the bulbs are so fiddly..it's mad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrpj said:

I can't specifically help Lee, but have you checked Youtube etc. for any videos?

Few on there for Yaris and the later auris but not earlier one 🙁

Hi,

tip number 1 is: Use mechanics gloves- these are giving you grip and prevent nasty scratches on your hands.

Watch some YouTube videos before your first attempt, you will familiarise yourself what you need to do and how.

Get a quality replacement bulbs, long life, led are also fine as long as they are not cool blue colour, you can check Osram warm white , these are good too. And patient is required, Auris is pain in t... for doing numbers jobs on it, changing bulbs is one of these. 
Good luck 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

tip number 1 is: Use mechanics gloves- these are giving you grip and prevent nasty scratches on your hands.

Watch some YouTube videos before your first attempt, you will familiarise yourself what you need to do and how.

Get a quality replacement bulbs, long life, led are also fine as long as they are not cool blue colour, you can check Osram warm white , these are good too. And patient is required, Auris is pain in t... for doing numbers jobs on it, changing bulbs is one of these. 
Good luck 

I've had Vauxhall's and fords these little jobs are a doddle but on this a pain, my mechanic mate said be careful as the auris light units are particularly brittle