Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior lights, LEDs?

Auris Geezer

Hi, Has anyone swopped out the interior bulbs for LEDs that are a bit brighter please?  If so, where did you get them from?

Cheers Trev.

I had the front ones from Halfords . Much better light . I have not changed the centre one  image.thumb.png.69406bf18302ecbd7addcb0f8fba1ea5.png

• Thanks 1

There have been several topics, use search,  you can find details about bulb sizes and experiences there.

• Thanks 1

Alternatively the full owners manual (not the abbreviated version supplied since approx 2014), gives the bulb types. One can download the full owners manual from  https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Can be downloaded either by entering the vehicle's VIN or doing a generic search.

I've bought LED bulbs for interior fitment from Amazon previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a pack of the 10 pack plastic coated ones and did the interior ones X3 bootx1 ( standard boot light bulb is rubbish) and number plate light bulbs (pain to change) cost fiver result much better whiter light

• Thanks 1

Would I be correct in assuming the interior lights are not connected to the canbus, so the LEDs won't show up as an error?  That's assuming the Auris has a canbus.🤔???

you wont have any error messages after changing to leds

i think the canbus only monitors the external lights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

eygo is correct, no errors with LEDs. For the actual bulbs, have a look on eBay and you can get a full set for the specific car.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Gents, much appreciated.

Cheers, Trev.

I changed all of mine from Amazon, lovely bright cool white and still “fades” when times out when locking car. Simple and great mod.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Packard said:

I changed all of mine from amazon, lovely bright cool white and still “fades” when times out when locking car. Simple and great mod.

Do you have a link please?

whatever you do dont buy warm white make sure you buy cool white.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all who have replied here, much appreciated.

Here is a photo of the interior light unit, please could you tell me where to prise off the clear covers to access the bulbs?  I've checked the manual, both hard copy, and the more detailed online manual, and I've found no mention of how to change the bulb(s).

Cheers, Trev.

IMG_20200402_175433209.jpg

just gently pry by the hinges the lens will unclip

you can see a clear gap in the lens pry there

interior light unit.jpg

• Like 1

Many, many thanks Mark.

Cheers, Trev.

If your accident prone cover the flat bladed screwdriver with a small sloth so any slippage won’t cause damage 

• Thanks 1

Fortunately, I'm not too far away from Chester zoo, so getting hold of a sloth won't be much of a problem 🙂

@eygo Just tried it, worked a treat, top man!

• Haha 2

Remembered I had a bag of assorted LED bulbs in the garage and just had enough of the right types to swap out my interior bulbs. Nice white light now instead of the yellow. 

A25B1771-AE54-472A-839B-DF952C5861BD.jpeg

B304EC9C-5AFE-4C4F-8CC7-D79DAF4DCFB0.jpeg

A0174C98-1345-4231-95A1-B6A36CA01162.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The first thing I did in all my cars was to replace the regular bulbs with LEDs. I can't imagine how people can keep using them. It has to do not only with interior lighting but also with headlights, taillights, and even lighting in the house. I prefer to install only LEDs in all these places as they are much brighter, more economical, and more pleasing to the eye. I recently bought bulbs that I can control with a smartphone: https://www.vont.com/product/vont-bulb-color-smart-light-bulbs-smart-bulbs/. On top of everything else, these bulbs can change the color of the glow. I think it's the best thing I've ever bought.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I am looking for brighter boot/trunk light.  Unfortunately, most brighter LED bulb are not safe, too hot and fire hazards. Most of them do not have fire retardant materials. So, I kept my LIDL shop light with Li Battery there. 

I find led cool blue light emitted from all car lights including interior, exterior, headlights and even some street lighting very distracting at night. Read somewhere a statement from scientists  that this light spectrum been very unfriendly  for humans and animals, causing long term health issues. And if this is true I don’t know why authorities still allowed car manufacturers and others to use these horrible blueish lights everywhere. Nothing wrong with led, but warmth white light 💡 is preferable. , more natural and easy on the eyes. 👍

• Like 4

There are boot led's with heatsink. Depending how powerfull you get, some are with, some without.

I have it for few years now, and a huge change comparing to factory one, you can actually see inside.

In the interior i kept the original ones, as the white one was too bright.

Those interior LEDs have performed very well for me so far, not had to replace any so far. As for overheating concerns they’re much cooler to the touch than equivalent halogen bulbs, plus they’re never really on for that long. The boot probably being the longest running ones when unloading the shopping.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, AisinW said:

I am looking for brighter boot/trunk light.  Unfortunately, most brighter LED bulb are not safe, too hot and fire hazards. Most of them do not have fire retardant materials. So, I kept my LIDL shop light with Li battery there. 

It is true? I would say the standard bulbs are hotter, led has less heat. 

Changed led for cabin and boot light for about 3 years now. I don't see leaving the boot open for hours to cause an issue.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, TonyHSD said:

I find led cool blue light emitted from all car lights including interior, exterior, headlights and even some street lighting very distracting at night. Read somewhere a statement from scientists  that this light spectrum been very unfriendly  for humans and animals, causing long term health issues. And if this is true I don’t know why authorities still allowed car manufacturers and others to use these horrible blueish lights everywhere. Nothing wrong with led, but warmth white light 💡 is preferable. , more natural and easy on the eyes. 👍

Think the led on current vehicles are 6000k temp, I don't like it as its harsh on the eye. Had HID 4300k, 5000k & 6000k before on previous cars. 4300k gave the most lumens, 5000k is the best imo as its whiter though only a bit less lumens than 4300. 6000k is the whitest but poor for rain and fog as well its harsh on the eyes for long journeys. 

I don't like car manufacturer don't give the option to have 4300 & 5000k for led. They just go with the trend and what everybody might like, well i don't like 6k! 

• Like 2