Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coronavirus factory shutdown delays delivery

Luke717

Hi all. I ordered my new 1.8 Excel HB on January 25, 2020. Things were on track for April 7 delivery or sooner, according to the dealer, until last week when the Corolla factory in Derbyshire was shutdown on March 18. Yesterday the dealer told me that following the government announcement on Monday, they are now closed as well until further notice.

Here's what their website says: https://jemcabracknell.toyota.co.uk/covid-19. The text says they're still open but scroll down and you'll see all opening days and times say 'Closed.' I understand that means the showroom not the service dept. It's not wholly clear though.

I'm imagining the production line in Burnaston and seeing my new Corolla in build process but now stuck on the line waiting for humans to return. The robots need them! So my anticipation in soon owning a new Corolla is dashed for the time being 😧 

How are you other expectant new-Corolla owners faring?

My gr sport I sat at the transport Depot awaiting the lorry to fetch it 

I don't mind though I work for toyota and they have given me a Lexus ct to run round in while this all blows over 

1 hour ago, Malcster said:

My gr sport I sat at the transport Depot awaiting the lorry to fetch it 

I don't mind though I work for toyota and they have given me a Lexus ct to run round in while this all blows over 

Almost there!

I wouldn't be surprised if the delay runs into months not just weeks. I wonder what effect this will have on the car price. And I imagine the warranty would start from the actual delivery date. 

New car warranties regardless of manufacturer, start on the day the car is first registered for use on the road. Nothing to do with when the car is built or when the car is de!ivered.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

In the same boat, waiting for my car that was due to be delivered early April.

Ironically, after the factory was shut MyT sent me a status change say my car was now in the build process so maybe the robots are still working without the staff, who knows?

To be honest the delay in getting another car, when faced with Covid is an insignificant issue even though I sold, loose term, my old Toyota to my daughter some weeks ago so am stuck without my own transport. I've spoken to the Toyota agent who has said any financial agreements will be honoured so it's not all bad news.

Stay safe

7 hours ago, rogersp said:

Hi

In the same boat, waiting for my car that was due to be delivered early April.

Ironically, after the factory was shut MyT sent me a status change say my car was now in the build process so maybe the robots are still working without the staff, who knows?

To be honest the delay in getting another car, when faced with Covid is an insignificant issue even though I sold, loose term, my old Toyota to my daughter some weeks ago so am stuck without my own transport. I've spoken to the Toyota agent who has said any financial agreements will be honoured so it's not all bad news.

Stay safe

Hi Paul, thanks for sharing your situation. Agree, in the Covid-19 context, this matters little. Good to know about the financial agreements, too. Given all of this, I still have my current car (a 17-plate Ford Focus), decided to hang on to it once it became clear that the new Corolla would not be arriving any time soon. Mind you, I've hardly covered 50 miles in the past few weeks so maybe I don't need a car at all - I've walked and used my bike more! Current car's first MoT is due end April, although now extended for 6 months. That is very handy.

• Like 2