Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Garage Shut

robo1

RAV Hybrid was due its 2 year service today. In view of the travel restrictions decided to contact  the garage yesterday (RRG Toyota Silsden) to see if they were still working. Government advise said garages could stay open.

Answering machine only saying everything shut including service department  ‘ If you need MOT contact DVLA’

Does anyone know if Toyota have relaxed the service timings during this difficult period. Have  emailed Toyota  and awaiting a reply

Thanks

Presumably it is down to individual dealers/dealer groups to decide whether to stay open or not. Believe there is a leeway on servicing of 1 month or 1,000 miles which was the case before the COVID-19 situation.

As regards MOT's, see this earlier topic posted today - 

Thanks for the reply

RAV has only done 17500 miles so not worried about the mileage. Whether the country will be back on its feet in a month who knows.

Couple of RAVs ago was caught up in the Diesel engine problems. Had reconditioned then replacement engine thankfully paid by Toyota as full service history hence my slight paranoia.

Keith

Just received the following reply from Toyota GB which is reassuring.

Thank you for your email, I completely understand your concerns surrounding this issue, I hope I am able to offer some reassurance in this email.

As the situation with Covid-19 develops and changes daily, we understand that customers are now going to struggle to keep up with the advised service schedule on their cars, in this instance there will be flexibility and we will aim to support our customers. 

Whilst a delayed service will not directly invalidate your warranty, we advise that when normal business resumes you aim to make a booking for your service at your earliest convenience. You can book your service by getting in touch with your local Toyota Centre, 

Hi , is here someone from USA. Next month moving to Virginia to live. Already bought a house there, but it has problems with garage (it's need repair or total rebuild) Someone knows good service there?

Toyota Owners C!ub is UK based, and the majority of members are from the UK or mainland Europe, so you may not get many/any responses as regards garage repair services in Virginia, USA.