Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this common with black Avensis?

MikeEH

Haven't cleaned my black T27 for a few weeks and neither have my black car owning neighbours. Then why does mine suffer from weather staining from door handles and door mirrors when my neighbours Juke, BMW, Kia, Huawei and Ford Focus do not? Since cleaned the car, but probably occur again with the next rain shower. Is this common with black Avensis's?

WP_20200324_002.jpg

My car is silver, so have not noticed the staining. But then I polish the car after every wash. I washed and polished my previous car which was dark metallic green. 
If i don't polish the car after washing, there are water stains as the car dries.  

1 hour ago, MikeEH said:

Haven't cleaned my black T27 for a few weeks and neither have my black car owning neighbours. Then why does mine suffer from weather staining from door handles and door mirrors when my neighbours Juke, BMW, Kia, Huawei and Ford Focus do not? Since cleaned the car, but probably occur again with the next rain shower. Is this common with black Avensis's?

WP_20200324_002.jpg

What do you wash the car with????

I washed it in January with warm water and fairy liquid, as I've been doing for over 40 years. Never had this on any other dark coloured car that I've had unless it's not dried properly after the wash. This doesn't appear after the wash, it appears a week or two later after about 2 bouts of rain. Doesn't happen on my neighbours black cars, only on mine. It was my neighbour who made me aware of it. Strange.

it's the rubber sealings around the handle. Often seen on white plastic windows, the rubber washes of and makes gray shadows on the plastic.

I think it's the age of the rubber. At some point wear and tear must break it down a bit, and makes it less durable.

The question is, if small rubber parts can be treated/sealed without getting discolored? Normal car wax won't work well, maybe some nanotech can do the trick? 

• Like 1

I was always told not to use dish cleaning detergent on cars as it is too aggressive.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stivino said:

I was always told not to use dish cleaning detergent on cars as it is too aggressive.

True about using soap liquid. I use wash and wax then polish. The water in my area tends to leave mark when drying, so I dry by hand then polish. I love to see the rain water bead off the the car. 

Using dish cleaning detergent on cars can damage car paint.

I get the same marks on my blue / grey avensis so I share your pain

Yeah, I've noticed the same with my recently brought black avensis. When washed like very good, but having not for a while does look a bit rough.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'll stop using Fairy liquid then, although I don't put that much in, just one small squirt into a full bucket of water. I only bought the car in December so had only washed it once in January as it came with a showroom finish. My daughter keeps jokingly telling me that I should have got a Juke like her black one........never shows staining after rain.......maybe I'll pop around her house late one night with a bucket of staining solution........

• Haha 1

We get those same marks on our silver t27, they do look annoying I agree

when you can buy some Williams waterless clean/wax which has Carnuba wax in. Also buy some microfibre cloths, one to apply polish, the other to buff. Wash them in washing machine but NO softener. If car is filthy, then use a water only wash, dry off and then apply Carnuba wax polish and then buff up.  Its so easy to apply, spray a panel, you don't need a lot, use microfibre cloth to spread about, it will remove tar spots, bird dropping. Buff up with second microfibre cloth. Can be applied on real hot day and still easy to buff up, or even a slightly damp day....it still dries and buffs up. Cost - 4 x 1 litre spray bottles - £20.  Might get couple microfibre cloths included.  On a popular tv shopping channel, they do online orders if not currently showing on TV.

• Like 1