Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Inverter / Converter fault

Corolla2004

My 2011 Auris with 79k miles broke down last week. The AA were very prompt to arrive and diagnosed a failed Inverter/Converter & towed the car to the nearest Toyota dealer. 

Fortunately I have an extended warranty so it was repaired at no cost to myself. The labour time was just over 2 hours. I believe I could have faced a bill approaching £2k.

I'm reporting this in case anyone else suffers the same fate to their Mk 1 Auris as the interesting thing is that the dealer put in new unit which is listed as belonging to a Mk2 Auris.

You can pick these up used on eBay for circa £250. The part number on the new Inverter/Converter is G9200-47190 or 22JTE47190A19F030065.  The 2 digits after the A in the latter number I believe indicates the year of manufacture (so 2019 in my case).

• Like 5

this is the sort of helpful info needed on the forums

Does anybody know whether the inverter converter is plug and play or does it have to be coded to the car?

Hi, what I know from some videos is that it’s just plug and play and if you have trouble codes afterwards means you have forgotten to plug something or the replacement inverter if used one it’s not good, which will require further investigation. Here this guy has a nice video how to remove and he explains a bit all about it. 
Regards 

Sometimes when trouble arises with inverter/converter if overheating is the issue it may be only the electric pump located on the gearbox housing. But if it’s something with electronics inside better get another one as there is a special gel inside that it’s very important and when opened if the gel film is damaged and inverter put back together will overheat soon. 

Ah very interesting. I didn't know about a gel inside as I understood that the HV to 12v converter was replaceable separately if that's the only faulty part.  I'm only asking out of interest btw! I did read that on Gen 3 Prius which is same system, there was a problem with inverters in earlier models and there was a recall so perhaps this one was one of that dodgy earlier version