Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota UK Doing the Right Thing

Ten Ninety

My car was due in for service next Monday, but all the local Toyota centres are closing due to Coronavirus and my centre therefore cancelled the booking. This is clearly a sensible move on their part to protect their staff, and one which I fully support. However my car's already at the recommended mileage interval and as a key worker I'll still be putting on the miles, going well past the usual leeway point.

I was therefore pleased to get a very swift response from Toyota UK when I queried where this leaves the manufacturer warranty, providing reassurance that this will still be honoured even when the formal schedule has been missed.

Nice to know that in these difficult times, Toyota are doing the right thing for both their staff and customers.

• Like 7

That certainly is good to know, Jay. The wifes Auris is due for service and MOT towards end of May, so now both will be able to be left a bit, though I will contact my local Lindop Toyota dealership to see where they up to nearer the time.

• Like 1

the 1st mot on my own car is due on the 9/5/20 and today on the radio i heard

that you can go upto 6 months over as long as you make sure the car is roadworthy

this was very reasurring to hear

here is a link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52036333

Posted 9 hours ago -

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

is it going to be an automatic system that will show that the car has extended mot date or the police just won’t stop you? If I have a chance to get it to a mot garage should I do that or just leave it for after the corona has gone away? 🦠👍

Automatic exemption.

Extract from the DVSA advice:

You do not need to do anything to extend your vehicle’s MOT expiry date if it’s on or after 30 March 2020. However, you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.

Your vehicle will be automatically given a 6-month MOT exemption. This will extend your current MOT expiry date by 6 months.

No need to rush to MOT the car until the revised expiry date is approaching. Suppose once existing due date is reached, it wouldn't do any harm though to check on the VED/MOT check website and the MOT history website:

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

• Like 1

Also see 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links