Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filter Location

Gooner20112012

Hi good morning all.I have 54plate yaris T-spirit 1.4diesel D4D. Is filter located under rear seats ? And is this an easy replace? In advance many thanks . Gooner. Man im getting too old for this.

Fuel filter is under the bonnet on the right hand side (same side as the alternator)

Your fuel filter is on the left hand side, the fuel filter comes together as one assembly with the priming pump, two 12mm socket nuts and the whole unit comes off. You can then take the water trap off from your fuel filter, unscrew the fuel filter, change it and put everything back together. It shouldn't take more than 15-20mins max. Fuel filter and the water trap might be a bit tighter than normal so if you have a vice it will make it a lot easier. Be careful not to damage the plastic water trap on the bottom of the fuel filter

Untitled.jpg

On the left as you look at it, on the right side of the car.

I left the pump on the car, removed the wires for the warning lamp and unscrewed the canister in situ, removed the water trap, cleaned it and fitted it to the new canister. Refitting is the reverse of removal.

Many thanks guys now how about location of oil filter? 

Now that is under the seat.

Only joking. It is accessible from below through a square hole in the under tray.

Thanks . So what is thing that is located under rear seats? Is it in-tank filter?

There should be nothing under your seats apart from the fuel tank. On the fuel tank you have the sender and a low pressure fuel pump. The low pressure pump has a strainer on it but is not something you need to mess about with.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thats what i have same as your pic ,so i wont be touching that lol. Is that blue car in the pic yours? 

No the car in the picture is from google. I owned few mk1 1.4 d4d’s during the years. I moved onto mk2 1.4 d4d’s couple of years ago and i still have an mk1 same as yours in silver.

You dont have a haynes manual do you?

I dont think so there is haynes manual for this car. I have an engine manual somewhere.

You don’t really need a haynes manual for this car, apart from servicing the car you won’t really need to get into any complicated stuff. There are couple of common faults with this car and you will find information on this forum if you get unlucky and come across them. It’s a reliable little car with the most fuel economy i have ever seen on a car

Yes guessed that no manual for diesels was also told by the knowledge on this forum. And mines cracking little motor and only cost me £70 

Apart from the head gasket issue that some 2002-2003 1.4 d4d’s had you should not get any major issues, if you get any at all.

Service it regularly, genuine or good quality oil and oil filter and the engine will last a lot longer than the car it self

1 hour ago, mecheng46 said:

Apart from the head gasket issue that some 2002-2003 1.4 d4d’s had you should not get any major issues, if you get any at all.

Service it regularly, genuine or good quality oil and oil filter and the engine will last a lot longer than the car it self

Too true.

Rust in petrol filler pipe and rear sills meeting rear wheel arch are usual killers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links