Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 RAV 4 real mpg and some other related questions.

HSDish

So... what real mpg do You 2019 Rav 4 owners got so far?

How fast can 2019 Rav 4 be driven on HV / EV (battery) ?

HI, I'm averaging 50mpg see below. As for speed on Battery if you are gentle on acceleration you can stay on Battery upto 40mph, but in EV mode it is about 30mph. But the software will kick the engine in if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

HI, I'm averaging 50mpg see below. As for speed on Battery if you are gentle on acceleration you can stay on battery upto 40mph, but in EV mode it is about 30mph. But the software will kick the engine in if needed.

Thanks.

I think that’s pretty good mpg for such a big and strong car as RAV 4. Do You know if ts about the same for both FWD and AWD?

I got an Prius+ 2017 which I’ve driven (quite gently) for about 15 months now (all seasons and with whinter tyres) and I'm averaging 5.2 L/ 100 km (about 54.32mpg I think) when I checked regulary at fuelpump and according to my Fuelio app. (car computer says even a bit better).

The speed at battery/ EV is about the same as our Prius + 2017 and  our Prius 2015 gen 1 PHEV which both can be driven in about 70 km/h (43.5 miles/h I think) in HV mode and the EV icon lightened, on flat roads and gentle accelartion ,in good weather 😊

I am also averaging more than 50 mpg . I have also seen 65 mph while in ev mode. If you do a downhill stretch with your foot off the gas it charges the traction Battery from the momentum and then if you accelerate gently, even slightly uphill it will stay in ev mode for a while as it had just received some free charge. If you accelerate too hard the petrol will kick in.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ROCKETRON said:

I am also averaging more than 50 mpg . I have also seen 65 mph while in ev mode. If you do a downhill stretch with your foot off the gas it charges the traction battery from the momentum and then if you accelerate gently, even slightly uphill it will stay in ev mode for a while as it had just received some free charge. If you accelerate too hard the petrol will kick in.

Do You check Your mpg at car computer or at fuelpump ?

Do You have FWD or AWD ? 

I have awd and and I check my mpg at the pumps and the car computer. At the moment the car is showing 53.8 but calculation at the pump is around 52 so the car is not too optimistic. I notice that the co2 for awd is slightly lower for awd than fwd which is unusual. I put this down to the awd having an extra motor on the rear axle and so when you are going downhill there are then 2 motors that become generators to charge the traction Battery more than would have been the case with just 1 motor.

• Thanks 1

sounds about right, I get 52ish MPG avereage out over A road, Motorway and b road

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ROCKETRON said:

I am also averaging more than 50 mpg . I have also seen 65 mph while in ev mode. If you do a downhill stretch with your foot off the gas it charges the traction battery from the momentum and then if you accelerate gently, even slightly uphill it will stay in ev mode for a while as it had just received some free charge. If you accelerate too hard the petrol will kick in.

That higher speed on ev is an advantage over my Prius + 70 km/h (43.5 miles/h I think)

2 hours ago, ROCKETRON said:

I have awd and and I check my mpg at the pumps and the car computer. At the moment the car is showing 53.8 but calculation at the pump is around 52 so the car is not too optimistic. I notice that the co2 for awd is slightly lower for awd than fwd which is unusual. I put this down to the awd having an extra motor on the rear axle and so when you are going downhill there are then 2 motors that become generators to charge the traction battery more than would have been the case with just 1 motor.

Thank You for intressting info.

Found this (my own older topic)

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, ROCKETRON said:

Was that 65 mph on level road ?

Yes on the level or even up a slight gradient. It is more likely to do it when you have just done a downhill stretch with foot off the gas and it’s received some free charge into the traction Battery. If you accelerate too hard though the petrol engine will kick in.

• Thanks 1

Had my RAV4 2wd since October and drove 5500 miles. Lots of short trips on the school run and trip to Germany over Xmas, averages 43 MPG calculated so far. Better in warmer weather.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to both ROCKETRON and Rav4ster for shareing Your experiences.

This graph nicely illustrates the influence of summer/winter/summer temperatures. My Rav4, brim to brim messured since new, august last year. In Mpg for your convenienice.

It helps the car's economy somewhat that practically the whole country is flat, and we have a national speed limit of 100 Km/h. 😒

MyFuel from new.png

• Thanks 2

On 4/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, Thermal said:

This graph nicely illustrates the influence of summer/winter/summer temperatures. My Rav4, brim to brim messured since new, august last year. In Mpg for your convenienice.

It helps the car's economy somewhat that practically the whole country is flat, and we have a national speed limit of 100 Km/h. 😒

MyFuel from new.png

Thanks.

Good mpg's there