Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dealers (including garage) closed COVID-19

Timmon

Have you seen an email tonight stating that the garage part of the dealers are closed as well?

I know the government said that garages / MOT centres are an essential business, so are exempt from the recommendation to close. But totally appreciate the need to keep staff safe.

Bearing in mind the recommendation is to have our vehicles serviced by the dealer, I am surprised that they did not mention whether we should get a service done at a local garage, or just leave it until they open again. Thinking of PCP agreements, 5 year warranties / Hybrid Battery warranties, which depend on dealer maintenance.

Visit Our Site

"Dear Mr Monahan,

Following the statement from the Prime Minister earlier this week, we would like to advise you that our Centres are now temporarily closed in order to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and communities.

We have contacted all customers with vehicles in our aftersales operations to discuss collection/return. All bookings for service, MOTs and repairs are now suspended, so if you have an existing booking, please do not arrive for your appointment. All future bookings will be rescheduled and we will contact affected customers as soon as the Government confirms it is safe to re-open.

Any customer in the process of purchasing a vehicle has been contacted directly by our sales team.

We have designated key staff to work from home in a safe environment so that we can still look after our customers while protecting our team.

If you have any questions at all, please contact our Customer Care team at cc@steveneagell.co.uk and we will be happy to help.

Our website will remain operational throughout this period, so you are more than welcome to browse our new and used vehicles – we will be responding to all enquiries.

Our social media channels will also continue to be operating, so please don’t hesitate to contact us via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, as you prefer.

Thank you for your loyalty and support and understanding as we navigate through

these uncertain times. We look forward to getting through this together.

Very best wishes

Steven Eagell

Chief Executive Officer"

Just wondered if any other dealer made it clearer. My service is not due for another 7 weeks, so I have time to clarify with them. Anyone with a service due sooner, have any concerns? If ever there was a time when we do not need a major fault to occur!

• Thanks 1

There have been three topics yesterday re arrangements during the COVID-19 lockdown:

Operationally it has to be down to individual dealer groups and dealers to determine what is the best  for them, their staff and customers during the COVID-19 emergency.

Realistically no manufacturer or franchised dealer would suggest getting servicing done at a non-franchised dealer whatever the circumstance.

• Like 1

Toyota has stated warranties are not affected 

We are closed but are going in for some mot on essential workers vehicles before the amnesty comes in to force 

We are also on standby incase of any breakdown with a fleet of courtesy cars to keep certain workers mobile 

I suspect we will be back at work after Easter 

Also see

Thanks Mike,

Useful information, and great to have reposted in all clubs for each model owner to easily see and be reassured.

I was lucky (one of a number of ways I've been lucky so far) in that my service was done the week before lock-down. The only aspect of it that has gone awry is that on the same day I went for a golf club fitting and ordered two clubs which are now MIA. Hopefully once the lock-down is over I'll get a call to go and pick them up.

And I still maintain that closing golf courses was not necessary and potentially does more harm.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I was lucky (one of a number of ways I've been lucky so far) in that my service was done the week before lock-down. The only aspect of it that has gone awry is that on the same day I went for a golf club fitting and ordered two clubs which are now MIA. Hopefully once the lock-down is over I'll get a call to go and pick them up.

And I still maintain that closing golf courses was not necessary and potentially does more harm.

Shame, but just enjoy a good walk instead Andrue! We will probably be confined to our houses shortly, with a walk around the supermarket as our main exercise.