Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Verso, removable floor panels

Jasmin_Kernow

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to get (affordable!) replacements for the removable floor panels that fir over the back seats when folded down in the Yaris Verso (2003)? They were missing in my car when I got it. Not a big deal but I'd like to replace them if poss. 

A vehicle breakers. Many advertise on eBay. There are seven being advertised there right now. Of course, whether the parts are affordable depends on the breaker.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, Jasmin_Kernow said:

Not a big deal but I'd like to replace them if poss. 

Actually, this seems a bit of an understatement.

If those panels are missing, the rear seats would be almost unusable for anyone except those with very long legs, because there would be nothing to rest your feet on other than the floor of the void that the seats fold into. Are you sure that this is not just a misunderstanding about how the panels are used?

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, Yarso said:

Actually, this seems a bit of an understatement.

If those panels are missing, the rear seats would be almost unusable for anyone except those with very long legs, because there would be nothing to rest your feet on other than the floor of the void that the seats fold into. Are you sure that this is not just a misunderstanding about how the panels are used?

The rear aren't used at all so that's not the issue, it's more to stop the annoying gaps in the cargo floor. It's just me, my parter, the dogs and the dive gear. I did check the manual on how it all works and the panels def have gone AWOL at some point in the past. 

Do you mean the 2 floor pieces behind the front seats ?

Don't you just unclip and lift the carpet, fold the seat down and clip the carpet over it ?

On 7/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, flash22 said:

Don't you just unclip and lift the carpet, fold the seat down and clip the carpet over it ?

Not on a Yaris Verso. There's a solid (carpeted) panel each side with two positions - one for when the seat is folded down, and a lower position for your feet to rest on when the seat is up. The odd thing is that there's not really any circumstance in which you would take the panels out and leave them out. The extra space (with the seats up) is not really usable, and there's almost no extra space with the seats folded down, so it's hard to think how it could have come to be like that. Not easy to fabricate replacements, but not impossible, I guess.

The frustrating thing is that the original panels are probably still sitting in the shed or loft of a previous owner, and that a breakers will probably want about 20% of the value of the car to supply a pair of secondhand replacements.

i looked up the parts it shows it as part of the carpet that's why I asked - price if you go by the various sites £150-180 each new if available

Edit. part numbers for the grey 65342-52011 and 65341-52011

• 1 year later...

Anyone have a diagram of the panels so I can make them out of plywood?