Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1994 Rav 4 Buying Advice: Airbags

Jeeper

Hello all, my first post here. 

A friend of mine is in the market for a small and cheap 2 door SUV with an automatic gearbox and a reliable reputation. 

Despite being a Jeep guy myself, I've heard only good things about Rav 4s and I've narrowed it down to a first gen Rav 4 and have found what seems to be a lovely 1994 example with a very cooperative and honest seller.

The price seems fine for the mileage (110,000 miles) but the worry is that there's no ABS (not a huge deal?) and we're not sure whether it's got a driver's airbag or not. 

Is there any way to tell? The sunvisors have something written about SRS airbag in Japanese on them but the passenger side definitely doesn't have one - there's the cupholder shelf instead of the airbag unit. Is there anyway to tell if the Driver's side has one? 

It's a RAV 4 L if it helps. 

Would very much appreciate your thoughts on this as she'd be looking to pick it up tomorrow so that she can start delivering food to some vulnerable people in her local area who are self-isolating because of Covid-19. 

Warm wishes to you all and thank you for your replies in advance

should have  "srs airbag" embossed on the wheel 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links