Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking wheel nuts

Tony66

Hi, I'm having my tyres changed at home by Halfords home services. On the email it said make sure your locking wheel nut is available. I can't find one. Does this mean they're not fitted on my car 

If you have alloy wheel's you probably have locknut's. If u have steel wheels u probably don't. With alloy's the locknut to take the locknut's on the wheel's off should be some place in the car, the boot or glovebox usually. In any case if u look at your wheel's you will see if there is an odd wheel nut on each wheel, it look's different from the rest, this being the lock nut. I took mine off and replaced with ordinary wheel nut's, they're a pain if u loose the lock nut to get them off.

Moved to the Aygo club.

You have to use the same nuts that are recommended from the company as wheels are important part of car so dont take risk on wheels. Try to use only nuts that fitted to your rims dont go for else. As i am working in sell any car company in Dubai and its my duty to tell people the value of genuine nuts. It also helps you in maintaining suspension of your car.