Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid 12v Battery Location

Dutto

Can anyone tell me where the 12v Battery is located on a 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, 

Battery should be in the boot on the right hand side under tray. Open boot door, lift the boot lining and remove the plastic tray/cover at the corner, Battery is there. If you plane to charge it will require special charger not any will be suitable, if unsure best is to set the car in ready mode and leave it for about 30min once a week, small 12v Battery it’s not the only one you should think about, you have a bigger battery plus engine that needs to work sometimes to keep its components lubricated and in order. 
Regards 

Keith, you asked that question on Saturday in a different thread and you got a reply on Saturday.  Tonys answer above is also correct.

Found it! Thanks for the responses. I want to connect a CTEK Multi XS 3600 charger to it, in view of the first reply, will this work okay?

I'm concerned that it's such a small Battery, and leaving it for 12 weeks of my quarantine may allow it to go flat. I'd like to put it on charge on my driveway so it's fully charged when I need it.

Moved to the Auris club.

I believe you should connect charger to jump point under the bonnet so no need to get to the Battery.  Lift bonnet, lift fusebox lid on right,  lift red cover to reveal jump connector which takes positive lead, find earth point on the body. You should trickle charge with the correct type of charger at least monthly probably best fortnightly.  The main traction Battery is ok for several months but top it up as above, running the system for at least 30 minutes. Check with Toyota website or owners handbook as I'm writing this from memory.

Personally I'll be making sure I do 20 plus mile trips to get the engine fully warmed, batteries maintained. I can't infect anyone if I don't get out of the car!

• Like 1