Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeal under load

Roadrunner1986

Hello all, I hope lockdown finds you well and not trying to kill family members. 🤭 I am currently loving my t180. It's laziness calms me when being tailgated and the look on the faces as I warp away is priceless. Recently I have had a "squeal" develop. The way I would describe it is rubber slipping so I'm assuming a belt but quite unsure and here's why. I recently had the alternator and serpentine belt changed. The noise only happens from 4th when accelerating between 1200 and 2000 rpm. Very puzzled. If anyone has any advice on what to check or the cause etc that would be most welcome. Don't want to go to mechanic if I don't have to. Cheers

Hello RR,

I do recall vaguely an issue with the belt on the Avensis that gave rise to squeal and the fix was a modified belt and tensioner. Was the tensioner changed with the belt? If not you may find that the tension is insufficient and gives rise to the squeal. Belt dressing and such are a temporary amelioration at best. Someone else here may have the details of the tsb to hand re the belt squeal.

Regards
Ian

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hello Duggerz. I don't believe the tensioner was replaced. I sprayed a little wd40 on the belt and it has improved a little. I will do more investigating when I have time. Thanks for the reply.