Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver's door panel removal.

Springy

Hello All,

My 07 D4D-TR driver's door has started squeaking and grinding badly when the door is opened/closed, so I'd like to grease it. Can anyone give instruction on how to get to the mechanism, how to get the door panel off?

Many thanks,

Neil.

Have a look through this thread first, and make sure this isn't your problem. Otherwise, I generally just use spray grease with a straw, something such as white lithium grease. Spray the hinges and straps, no real need to remove the door card.

Halfords, Screwfix and others sell this.

Hi Paul, thanks for replying. The noise appears to be coming from inside the door panel and is associated with this shaft. See pics.

Tx, Neil.

20200331_145132.jpg

20200331_145559.jpg

Edited by Springy
Added pics

WD40 along it a bit and work the door a few times to spread it, then wipe off overspray and loosened rust and dirt with paper towels or a cleaning cloth.This is only for cleaning, not lubrication. You can even miss that step off. Then get some spray grease, like I mentioned, white lithium or silicone will be fine and spray that along it and on the hinges. Again, work the door a few times to spread it. Remember to spray the bottom of the strap, too. I would even think about giving that strap a quick clean with a wire brush before I greased it.

That's my post regarding another issue, that affects early Mk3 T27 Avensis - door cracking. I greased the strap for that reason. I now use silicon grease. Should work for the T25 to silence the door strap. I think I had to do the same for my old Mk1 T22. A few minutes around the car and you should be all good.

Mang thanks guys, I guess you are saying that the noise is caused by the strap scraping the edges of the hole in the door, rather than anything inside the door needing attention. I've sprayed lithium paste around, which has improved things a bit, I'll concentrate more on cleaning the underside of the strap.

I have come across this issue a few times on various cars over the years, It caused by a lack of maintenance its not so much the check strap but it's the springs that go dry and crusty in the mech

if you can clean out the main block and re-lube it that should do the trick long term