Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping from stereo

Kazlavarm

Hi all , I’m hoping someone can help me out . I have a 09 Toyota avensis . It is constantly beeping , even when turned off and is draining the Battery. I know it’s not low batt on key fob and no warning lights . I think it has to do with the bluetooth connection. I need to disconnect it at the back of the stereo as I don’t use it anyway . Does anyone know how to do it . The previous owner had cut the aux coming from stereo . Thanks in advance 👌

You need to identify which version Avensis you have (T25 Mk2 or T27 Mk3), and type of stereo fitted - standard or nav unit? 
if what you say the previous owner had cut the AUX cable, I would be annoyed. It's totally unnecessary, and there are plenty of adapters that can be used, without cutting any wire. Everything has been plug and play for a while.
Talking of adapters, I have a bluetooth, USB/SD, AUX adapter fitted to my stereo, and it's all hidden under the trim. But that's another topic. 

Let me know the version and stereo you have with photos, then we can assist. If your car is T27, you need to access the engine compartment fuse box. There are two fuses for the audio system 16 (30 amp) marked AMP and 20 (15 amp) marked RAD NO.1. If it doesn't work, you may need to record the sound and when it happens.  

• 1 year later...

Hi. Did this ever get resolved? Mine does the same thing. T27 avensis without sat nav. Just the basic radio. But it's had an aftermarket bt audio bluetooth system fitted before my ownership. I only know this as there's a mic by the reading lights and the system shows up on my phone when doing a bluetooth scan.  

It bleeps every couple of minutes, both when in use and also when off but ignition on... when it beeps it cuts the radio out for about 60 seconds. REALLY frustrating!! 

Doesn't do it when playing a CD. 

If you check one of my posts in this forum, I added a bluetooth adapter because the original bluetooth has very limited phone only function, no music or other sound functions. My current bluetooth adapter (I updated to a later version), does 3 beeps with the first minute after starting up, muting the music each time. The beeping didn't happen with the Samsung S8, and it didn't happen with my Samsung S20FE 5G at first. It started after the an update in March this year. I am using a Wefa Bluetooth/USB adapter. In my case the phone is the cause. Otherwise the Bluetooth works fine. I keep all my Dashcam footage so was able to review when the beeps started.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right I have a little more info to add. my current setup is the W53828 audio system with voice only bluetooth. Connected via the the rear CD changer port is WEFA Bluetooth/Dual USB(one for power only). My current phone is Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G running two sims, bluetooth 5.0. that connect to multiple devices simultaneously. What I found that if I set calls for the cars bluetooth and audio to the WEFA, then the there are 3 repeated beeps about 15 seconds apart when first connected. I have went into the phone settings while connected to the car/WEFA, opened WEFA, then enabled calls. This stops the beeps, but can cause a clash, because both Bluetooth are demanding to answer calls. The call is cut off! That is why I disable calls to the WEFA. I might have a work around if an experiment works. This involves using Samsung Bixby Routines, but not sure how flexible Routines is. 

If only Toyota had implemented full Bluetooth audio on the W53828 from day one, I would only need a USB adapter instead of doubling up. I had a Novero Bluetooth system over 10 years back, that supported everything in my old MK1 Avensis!