Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A tale of woe

Brian Birch

I have Toyota Auris Hybrid which, a while back, I managed to hit the front nearside door against a post in a car park. It was realy badly damaged so after consulting a friend he suggested a new door would be easier than trying to straighten out the old one. So I got one, right money, from a scrap yard.  Not the right colour but never mind it will need a re-spray. . So I fitted it last week all went well, a bit fiddly at times. I tested everything, locks, door mirror, wind screen regulator all working.  BUT I now have this weird issue when I press the start button the dash lights up like a christmas tree showing lots of errors it won't come out of PARK mode or select the forward or reverse. Press the button a second time and all the lights clear and everything is back to normal and away we go. I plugged in my OBD11 dongle and checked the error log.  NOTHING.   I have obviously screwed something that I hope will be easily remedied, any clue would be gratefully received    

Unplug the door and see if it sorts it - i take it you removed/disconnected the 12v Battery prior to doing the work if not you may have popped a fuse

Did the door come from the same year and spec car ? There are a few different door looms and door setups

I didn't disconnect the Battery. I'll check for a blown fuse but, as the car starts as normal after the second press of the start button I think any blown fuse would cause a solid fault.  I can't answer the year of the door, but it fit perfectly.  It came with none of it's original components.  All the components, door handle, mirror, window regulator, door lock and Speakers (all work fine under test) came from the original door which, for me, would say this is not a compatablity issue.    I'm thinking I may need to do a factory reset?  Which I don't know how to do.  

Second read of this : What you describe is normal,

On the first press its ignition on, foot on the brake press the start again and its in Ready Mode

or

Foot on the brake, press and hold the start button puts it straight in Ready mode

Moved to the Auris club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links