Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Toyota yaris hybrid - Central Locking Faulty

Ajaz_786

Hello, I am a brand new member so please forgive me if I have created a dublicate thread. I have a 2016 Toyota yaris hybrid icon. The central locking is not working with the key fob. The fuses relevant under the glove box has been checked and were ok. The car was involved in an accident where the front bumper and drivers side doors were changed. I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance 

Ajaz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ajaz_786

• flash22

Stupid Question, have you changed the Battery in the fob

Was it a salvage car ? Second hand parts used for the repair ?

To be honest the Battery hasn't been changed. Yes it was a salvage car. But it was all working working fine prior to repair. Yes second hand doors from a Breaker along with the front bumper too. The fog light wires were missing the plugs at the end so purchased them too and were taped together. The fog lights are working fine. Thanks for the reply 

Sorry also. A diagnostic technician came today to my house. As well checking fuses etc he check the signal on the fob with his gadget. The key fob he said was fine. 

do you still have the old door ? Compare the door looms as there are various specs and configurations, have you tried disconnecting the window switch (lock button is integrated into it) and tested it

Does the lock button do anything when pressed, Did the person who did the diag run a bcm bi-directional test on the locking ?

Hi flash. Yes old doors are still they're at the body shop. No have not tried any of the looms etc but I can ask the body guy. Sorry I'm not a technically minded so won't know much regarding these issues. But I will mention it to the body guy and hopefully he can have a look at it. Would it be worth transferring all of the internals over from the old door? Also regarding the test on the lock, again forgive me for my ignorance but he did plug diagnostic computer in but I don't think he mentioned bcm bi-directional test. He just said It might be the central lock module and he doesn't have access to that due to security reasons... I appreciate the response flash, thank you. 

Unplug the window switch and give it a try also make sure the door is plugged in correctly into the car - open the door pull back the rubber boot

You can do a lock test with most decent scan tools, no security restrictions

The locking is all controlled through the B-ECU (BCM)

Fuses to check are

Dome 15A

ECU-B 5A

ECU-IG 5A

D/L 25A

Does the car have smart entry and Go, if so you need to change the front driver's door loom

Ill have a look at the fuses you've pointed out. The technician did check the relevant fuses but said they were fine. I'll have another look however... I will try the window switch too and the door plug.. Just to mention that all doors and boot lock and unlock from the button on the drivers side door. So the central locking is working just nothing happening with the fob. Many thanks 

Ah Ok there is a door receiver in the driver foot well that may have been disturbed, i would change the Battery in the fob as the fob testers can pick up very weak fobs

OK I'll check that. Does that rule the fuses, door switches etc or do all the things you advised previously still need to be checked. Really appreciate the help. Thanks 

New Battery in key fob didn't work. :-(. This is rough 

Are they any sensors in the actual door themselves. I was thinking get all internals of old door and transferring them over... Also I couldn't locate anything near the footwell, apart from a button which looked to be for a the tyre pressure.. Thanks 

iirc it should be behind the kick panel (drivers right foot)

That all seems to be ok

Nothing coming up on the diagnostic after checking again. All internals swapped over from old door. The key is synchronised with car also, this was checked and car beeped everytime the button was pressed. Only thing I can think is when the fuse was bridged In the drivers side fuse box. This lead to the sat nav turning on and interior lights working too. I'm really stuck at this point. 

When you press the fob the car beeped ? That indicates a door is not closed properly

Do the interior lights work when you open the driver/passenger door ?

Did the car have any work done on the jig and/or the door cuts and shuts painted ? If so remove the door switches and make sure they are connected and the screw holes are free of paint what could be causing a bad ground

The beep was because he connected his computer and did the synchronisation test. Initially when the car is off and ignition is off. You open the doors the lights don't come on. Only when you sit inside and turn ignition on then they work when opening and closing the doors. No jigging was done. Both offside doors were painted inside and out.

Check the door switches when you open the doors the lights should come on (switch on the light should in the mid position) and the odd on the dash should light up

The door was just stripped about 20 minutes ago. Replugged the switches etc. The switch is In the middle. 

Nothing on the dash either 

15861888197646079677777499095107.jpg

One thing else has come to mind. The original mirror which was damaged. Had 6 wires. This mirror which was after market has 5 wires. Its still operating as it should electrically etc. Are there senors in the mirror at all. Thanks again for your help 

If you could give me your thoughts on this. The wire is used to bridge. Because of this bridge the sat nav inside came on. And interior lights were working( with ignition on only). The two images are from rh engine bay. Thanks

15861895446191070687052401180803.jpg

15861895700711896276278878462538.jpg

get rid of that link it could be back feeding many systems

Edit. That's the issue the car thinks it's still switched on !! One is a perm live and the other is an ignition switched live

that is related to the bcm and locking, if that's powered the locking will not work

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links