Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine management light illustrated after 10 miles

Bigwalk

Good afternoon, I’ll try to make this as short as possible , bought a 2010 in 1.3 manual , driving home eml light illumates , trace code to fault o2 b1 s2 so replace with quality ngk one , no better so replace cat (£460) no better , so borrow a scanner my self and carry out live data test and find voltage to be Zero , with cold and hot engine and with old and new sensors , any ideas please .

90093D78-13E0-4C5F-9F69-B04F3534EB1E.jpeg

Private sale or from a garage?

Hi private. Sale on eBay , I thought is was just the sensor and got £200 knocked off , but I wanted sat nav etc and the larger engine ther wasn’t much around in the north. 

Verify supply and ground voltage are present at the sensor connector plug and ECU connector plug.

• Like 1

Hi there’s no feed to the sensor , is there a connector in the wiring that could be damaged or what are the connectors on the ecu I can’t find a wiring harness diagram on the net which is a bit disappointing? 

At about post no.15 in the thread below, Craggle kindly offers a link to the manual.  I have just tried this link - it still works.  But you do need to follow the simple instructions to view the manual.

Perhaps this might help you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi down loaded the manual very helpful, it looks like it’s the ecu are these a straight swap or do they need to be coded to the car ? , there are some cars being broken and my local Toyota dealer is shut , or can I get my until repaired ? Any recommendations? I do need my car as I’m a key worker but I down want to keep using it if the three yellow warning lights are on 

thanks 

Hi,a very long shot,,,but have you tried disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes to try rebuild ecu data,and, or disconnect and replug all ecu connectors back in,had a similar thing with a friends fiat a few years back

thanks for reply all help greatly received, I’ve removed the Battery while I checked the wiring from the ecu to both lamba sensors , after I refit the Battery and test the car it takes about 10/15 miles for the light to come on , I feel the sensor 2 is not getting the correct information either to or from the ecu , I do have 12v to both sensors. Thanks Alan 

Whilst there is possibly nothing in this guide that you don't already know, maybe it might give some clue as to another possible cause (especially in light of the fact you can't get an secondhand ECU at the present time).

https://www.hella.com/techworld/uk/Technical/Sensors-and-actuators/Test-lambda-sensor-4379/

Hi these are the readings I’m getting on the skinner 

EA0CEF47-0976-4D29-9457-F0B0E9E54E9E.jpeg

4FAD60D7-0D3D-4A24-9673-75306644BBD5.jpeg

Tried another sensor and still getting over voltage fault ? How Is this voltage made ? Could it be the other sensor ? I’m at a loss , o and the warning light after being reset comes on after 333 seconds !! Every time 

F38B46C0-DD8E-4684-B611-65F3AC138A4D.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I did a quick search and found a possible solution - 

It may not solve your problem, but genuine sensors had to be fitted to fix the problem in this case!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links