Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Map sensor readings

mark0

Lads engine light back on again I have no access to scanner but took readings from backprobing map sensor connecter can anyone make sense off these readings I havent got manual

backprobe readings with engine running 

01- 0 volts brown wire  I think it’s ground wire to sensor

02- 2.7 volts green and red wire I think it’s 5 volt ref Wire

03- 1.5 volts green wire I think it’s signal wire back to ecm

04- 0 volts blue and yellow wire I think it’s bat ground wire 

05- 14.1 volts black and white wire I think it’s bat positive wire

my question is would my sensor be bad I’m not 100 percent sure but I think my wiring seems good any help would be appreciated 

The easiest way is to get an obd reader. There are several cheap obd readers on e-bay. It would be great if you also wrote wich engine it is you have in your car. I checked in the workshop manual for the T25 Avensis, but all different engines have air flow meters according to wiring diagrams and not MAP-sensors as you might have problems  with.

It is the d4d 2litres t 25 avensis 6 speed manual timing chain engine 2008 model

I think the it’s 2 sensors in one unit the maf  and I a t sensor 

Mark, thanx for telling me wich engine you have. Here are three pdf files that might help you.

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAANV1IEcDg0zK6m8oiT0cEaUSf56fG61DdHxmJPu-********IbnpZNDg

I hope that you will solve your problems with these pdf files. They are from the workshop manual Toyota use. I bought it a few years ago on a cd from e-bay. It is very helpful to have it when working on the car.

The transfer link is only valid until 12 th of April.

BALIKBAYAN Really appreciate them files that will really help me I have cleaned out maff  sensor properly this time as the maff and IAT sensor are on the one unit and thinking I was cleaning maff I was actually cleaning IAT Hotwire which is the wire on outside when the wire for maff sensor is hidden up in the plastic a couple off blasts of carb cleaner and blowing it out with air seems to have sorted it out engine light has gone out and no more limp mode car runs and sounds a lot better thanks again pal for the files it is handy to check the specs and voltage back probing them wires as they do corrode over time 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links