Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater matrix

jem555

Hi is there a topic on heater matrix removal on the forum need it asap 

Someone must have changed the matrix

I've done a search, and most of the issues with the heater matrix appear to have been airlocks, which haven't needed heater matrix removal.

• Like 1

On a lot of cars, it is a big job involving the removal of a lot of the dashboard. Some you can get with a partial removal, usually at the bottom. Some general guidance in the linked video, look for some others. I haven't seen any specific to the Avensis, though there may be a procedure listed on the Toyota tech website.

27 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I've done a search, and most of the issues with the heater matrix appear to have been airlocks, which haven't needed heater matrix removal.

Ok mine is leaking from a black box just behind heater controls under the dash 

8 hours ago, paul9 said:

On a lot of cars, it is a big job involving the removal of a lot of the dashboard. Some you can get with a partial removal, usually at the bottom. Some general guidance in the linked video, look for some others. I haven't seen any specific to the Avensis, though there may be a procedure listed on the Toyota tech website.

Think my dash splits think the bottom half of the dash comes of separately but I'm not 100% sure tried searching but not seen anything on dash removal

The guy in that video used a Rad-Weld type of product and got a few years out of it. The removal and replacement doesn't look to be a particularly difficult job, more of a major pain in the backside. The hardest part would probably be bleeding the system properly, afterwards. Remember to disconnect the Battery to avoid upsetting airbags in the dash, if you need to take it all out.

9 hours ago, paul9 said:

The guy in that video used a Rad-Weld type of product and got a few years out of it. The removal and replacement doesn't look to be a particularly difficult job, more of a major pain in the backside. The hardest part would probably be bleeding the system properly, afterwards. Remember to disconnect the battery to avoid upsetting airbags in the dash, if you need to take it all out.

A tryed that the other day and coolant is still dripping from the black box behind heater controls under the dash am not sure if the bottom half of the dash comes of separately

This is the top dash removal but it does some idea of how the dash is built up

• 1 year later...

Did you manage to do it? In the middle of same job now! There's an airbag below steering wheel don't seem to want to come out lol any tips?

I didn't want to take it out that was what was holding lower dash in! It's all out now was trying to just take lower dash out but you can't easily.

The way to do matrix is 

1 remove upper dash 

2 remove lower dash 

3 remove drivers lower airbag 

4 remove blower motor 

5 pull out the matrix 

Spent half the day trying to figure out bolts and nuts hidden everywhere plus loads of cables clipped to lower dash you must remove also. Think Toyota do if for 400 prob better than doing your own and causing damage or notgetti g rightfirst time.  This one's a reall mish as it's taxi with meters CCTV etc all tangled up too. This is where I've left it today still looking for a missing 10mm socket.

IMG_20210927_170132.jpg