Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jump start point

Buff69

Hi all, so yesterday we opened the bonnet for the first time to add some screen wash, (it nearly took a whole 5lt bottle) It was nice to see that we have the sound proofing on the inside of the bonnet 👍. I looked everywhere for the jump start points but I couldn’t find them so can someone help? Please, Point me in the right direction,  a photo would be great 👍. Many thanks.  by the way it looks great under the bonnet 

Page 566 of manual. Its under the fuse box cover on the right hand side viewed from the front.

Excellent thanks roadster-rav  I’ll have a look at the manual now cheers 

2 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Hi all, so yesterday we opened the bonnet for the first time to add some screen wash...

My RAV4 has done 9,300 miles since I got it last June, but I haven't topped up the screen wash yet, which is a little surprising.

Being the Excel, it has the low level warning, and if it works like the 4th Gen Prius I had before a message pops up on the centre of the speedo unit.  I plan to wait until I see it (or get the first service, in which case the dealer will top up.

The Prius used to display the message around 7,000 miles after a service, and initially I waited to see how long to would take to run out (I have some water in the car, just in case).  On the Prius, it took another 2,000 miles to run dry.

Interestingly, the first generation Prius always lasted to the net service, and the first three generations actually had a dipstick for the reservoir.

Hi PeteB yes there is a message that pops up, i think the wife has been drinking it as we have only done nearly 4000 miles lol