Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Avensis T27 door locks

cgmstone

Hi all 

I have a 2011 T27 avensis when I try to unlock with the key fob the doors will not unlock (and it cant be key fob as have 3 keys and none off them work) all 3 keys lock the car but I'm having to unlock the car by putting actual key blade into drivers door which is a pain this just happened overnight with no difference made to the car eg: Battery not been disconnected. 

Hopefully this is only a minor glitch and someone know how to fix thanks in advance 

CGM

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have had the same problem intermittently for about 4 years, sometimes worse than others. It does seem to improve when the Battery in the key is replaced.

I have had it ran through diagnostics which doesn't show a fault.

the best improvement is achieved by a reset of the key.

After years of searching there are no clear ways to do this but any of the following might work. Open the boot and hold the unlock button on the key for 10 seconds. Or open the drivers door press the ignition button once, without pressing the clutch straightaway, in a second or two press and hold the unlock button on the key for 10 seconds.

If this hasnt worked try.the same with the lock button on the key.

Its hit and miss but I managed to get 6 months of no fault by doing this once.

Good luck, and hopefully this works I know how annoying this fault is and there isn't much written about it.

Had same issue with my 12 place so I used wd 40 in actual key lock did all locks seems be working now 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links