Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector part number Avensis T180 2008

TheTechGuy

Hi all. Does someone know the part number of the injector for Avensis T180 D-Cat 2008? Engine is 2AD FHV. I think i have 23670-29105. Are there any other part numbers fro the same injector? Thanks all

Part number 23670-29105 is the latest part number available there where earlier numbers but all have been replaced by 23670-29105. Toyota also offer 23670-29105-84 which is a reconditioned part

6 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Part number 23670-29105 is the latest part number available there where earlier numbers but all have been replaced by 23670-29105. Toyota also offer 23670-29105-84 which is a reconditioned part

Hi and thanks for the reply. The injector i'm trying to replace has a different part number in it. It's 23670-0r041. I can't seem to find any with that part number. There's a few 23670-0r040 out there but not sure if they will be ok. Very confused

23670-0R040 was replaced by 23670-0R041 and both replaced by 23670-29105

18 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

23670-0R040 was replaced by 23670-0R041 and both replaced by 23670-29105

Thanks again and apologies if i'm sounding too dumb but will any of these injectors fit my car? As i said the one already in the car is 0r041. Will 0r040 be ok for it? If not then i'd rather start looking for another car than spending £500 on an injector. Very dissapointed with the price of the injector for the Avensis. 

Its the "180" affect as they had an uprated injector system over the lower powered models using a Piezo electric type injector. You won't be able to fit a 0R040 as your ECU will expect an 0R041 at least but try and get the latest part number 29105 as it will be the best ( modified ) spec. Note any new injector will need to coded into the car before it can be driven and it would be prudent to get the latest Engine ECU software installed as well.

Ok, so i bought a new one from the internet and it's already in the car. The part number changes to the one printed on the box. The box itslef was seal and original Toyota part. Here comes the interesting part. The mechanic who install it on my car didn't code it. The engine runs great. I asked him why he didn't code, but he said there's no need to do it. The car will run just the same. So i went to another mechanic just to double check and he said the same thing. He said that coding is just a fine tune that you wouldn't notice anyway. How is this possible if it says that must be coded on the ECU? 

36 minutes ago, TheTechGuy said:

Ok, so i bought a new one from the internet and it's already in the car. The part number changes to the one printed on the box. The box itslef was seal and original Toyota part. Here comes the interesting part. The mechanic who install it on my car didn't code it. The engine runs great. I asked him why he didn't code, but he said there's no need to do it. The car will run just the same. So i went to another mechanic just to double check and he said the same thing. He said that coding is just a fine tune that you wouldn't notice anyway. How is this possible if it says that must be coded on the ECU? 

Production tolerances vary ever so slightly so after manufacture the injector is tested and its exact performance is determined this results in a 30 digit alphanumeric code which is printed on the top of the new injector this is input into the engine ECU for each injector, your new injector is now being managed by an ECU that has a different compensation code stored and therefore the ECU will not be operating the injector as well as it could be, Toyota's repair instructions state:

Each injector assembly has a characteristic fuel injecting behaviour

Injector compensation codes are unique, 30-digit, and alphanumeric values printed on the head portion of each injector. If an incorrect injector compensation code is input into the ECM, the engine may rattle or engine idling may become rough. In addition, engine failure may occur and the life of the engine/injector may be shortened.

As far as I  understand, it is a fine tuning, it would make a difference to the overall fuel economy. I believe the coding tells the ECU a more precise fuel flow rate for each injector so it can properly trim the fuel ratios for better economy and less pollution. More uncoded injectors might make a difference large enough to be more noticeable.

Edit. Devon Aygo said it better while I was typing.

Thank you for your replies. I will have to go back then and get it coded. Just one thing that it came to my mind. When we first checked what was wrong woth thw car, the scanner brought up an error with injector nr 3 even though it was injector nr 1. The first injector on the driver's side. Why would the scanner gives the wrong injector? The mechanic had to find out by unplugging the electrical cable while the engine was running. There was a change of noise and a drop in rpm when unplugging the other three injectors but nothing happened on the injector nr 1, same as it wasn't plugged in. How is the layout of the pistons? Is it 1,2,3,4 or 1,3,2,4? 

1,2,3,4, from the timing belt end. Which is also the serpentine belt end.

It is possible the fault he found on 3 was one which had not set a code, and the fault on 1 had been something different. Not necessarily a fault which caused a percievable difference, or maybe a historic fault which cleared up.

• 2 years later...

Hi! I dont know much about cars ...can anybody give advice? Where could I find Toyota injectors nr.2367029105?