Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 HiLux gearbox shifting rough

Wiktor Nowak

Hi, i have a 2019 hilux automatic. When I connected my trailer and started driving, after about half a mile the gear selector on the dashboard disappeared as if the car didn't know what gear it was in. After I dropped off my trailer at my house it started giving engine malfunction errors, pre collision system malfunction and worst of all it wont go into reverse. After sitting 20 seconds in reverse it suddenly decides to go into reverse but very rough with a rocking movement. I haven't checked the fuses or unplugged the Battery. Can you please help me as this is my daily driver that I rely on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my brother in law has a Toyota Hilux and it keeps playing up he was driving the other day and it was losing power he was having to put his foot down to the floor to get any movement to the point he was hard down to the floor and only getting 20mph out of it I've put a diagnostics on it like last time which seemed to cure the problem but it hasn't worked this time but I seem to be able too put it in gear without the clutch would this be an indicator that the clutch is gone or the gear selector but would that answer the question on why you have to have the foot to the floor to even get any movement??