Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2012 Recall Problems

TinyCarClub

Hoping someone can help! 

My Aygo has been recalled for the second time to replace the passenger side window, the original recall was for the back glass window a few years ago ( i never got it done, i know i know! ) my problem is that i'm not sure if it's the root cause of the massive boot leak i have also acquired over the last year or so. The leak was found during a valet service to rid the car of mould that i'm only assuming is a result of the leaky windows in the recall notice. 

My question is -  if i can book in to have the re call notices fixed ( not sure if they will as i am not a key worker besides the NHS volunteer scheme ) will they be responsible for finding the cause of the leak or will they fix both windows and that'll be the end of it?

Any tips for keeping the mould at bay while the world goes back to normal would be appreciated also! 

• Like 1

The recall on the glasses is not directly related to water leaks however if the rear side glasses are loose ( why they are being recalled as the glass can separate from its hinge ) they may allow water in but if your windows are not falling off then they will not be leaking.

Mk1 Aygo is known for water ingress issues and there are plenty of posts on the forum concerning them

Try Leak In Boot it should bring the info up through the search key, scroll though till find relevant post. 

As far as I'm aware for DVSA recalls, the Agency actively discourage manufacturers/dealers carrying out other work at the same time as the recall, as it may be seen as an incentive to getting the recall done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links