Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Misfire - Toyota Estima, 2.4 Petrol, 2004, ACR30 (Japanese Import)

h1r

Hey!

I have a question about my Toyota Estima 2.4 Petrol, 2004 and hope for some help from the Estima experts / owners! 

So, recently, i had to get my Estima' radiator replaced (leaking and had a crack) - ----after some research managed to get the right part off eBay for £60 and get fitted locally. Fitted fine, no issues with heat/cooling etc - all fine.

Shortly after, about a day or so from the radiator being fixed, the car has begun to start misfiring. -----after some research managed to get the right ones/parts off eBay I got the lot replaced, all four coil's & spark plugs with brand new.

I was recommended to try get a code reader to see any fault codes - after more research, i can see they are either expensive - not common, or the ones you can get, may not work. I went any purchased JOBD OBD2 Car Scanner Engine Fault Code Reader Diagnostic Tool for Japanese Cars as recommended from a previous member on this exact forum! I'm hoping to get some communication as previous devices at garages just never work.

As of now, the car is still misfiring even with the new coils & spark plugs (It's not as bad as what it was but obviously, noticeable). 

I want to also mention that this may or not be relevant - but 2-3 weeks prior to the car misfiring - i had my car radio/tv unit removed as it was in the Japanese language, and the cables behind were a total mess and looked messed around by previous owner - when putting it back, all windows APART from the drivers side, would not work/go down.

Going off a previous thread created below: - you can see they kind of had a similar problem and that he also mentions - his car stereo/headunit was the fault.

What else do you think it could be causing the misfire? Could the car radio/tv unit cabling be the issue?

I'm not the best with cars, but i do research to try and increase my knowledge, but Toyota Estima always seems to be tricky for peoples knowledge on these cars, let alone parts/garage support! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: ADDITIONALLY i have just seen this forum post below & could also be related as my reverse camera is not working, and side mirrors are not closing:

See what a code read tells you first...guessing can be expensive.

Sounds as though you might have a fuse or relay issue (mirrors/camera).?..so check under the bonnet and the fuse boxes in each footwell (looks as though it might be the passenger footwell.?)

Misfire...Could be a MAF issue.?.....or a vacuum leak..?

Good luck...the Estima is generally a very reliable vehicle.

3 hours ago, RUToyota said:

See what a code read tells you first...guessing can be expensive.

Sounds as though you might have a fuse or relay issue (mirrors/camera).?..so check under the bonnet and the fuse boxes in each footwell (looks as though it might be the passenger footwell.?)

Misfire...Could be a MAF issue.?.....or a vacuum leak..?

Good luck...the Estima is generally a very reliable vehicle.

The diagnostic code machine i hope i have ordered will work. Many have said the specific machine is expensive, and not many garages have it. (Two garages, two different machines and no luck)..

The scanner/ code reader I purchased was from iCarsoft it's pictured below model number TVT V1.0 had a few issues at first but got sorted and worked fine in the end. Cost about £100.

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Got similar one to yours off eBay for £30ish, managed to get one error code from the machine: P0117 ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT LOW INPUT.

So, it seems this may be causing the misfire - which would make sense. Looking to find the correct part now to replace...

• 2 months later...