Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 date of manufacture

Mario Johnson

I have a RAV4 registered March 2009 . How can I determine what the date of manufacture was ?

Try googling the first eight numbers/letters of your VIN.

...or you can look at the very bottom of the seat belt at the B pillar..there will be a label sewn in that will have the date on it.!

Tried various websites to search by the VIN number but none give the date of manufacture. There is a label on the seatbelt (july 2008) but my feeling is that date is just the manufacture date of the belt not the car. I'll maybe try the main dealer. I m trying to determine if this RAV4 could have the engine with the cylinder head weakness problem. Toyota had to replace quite a lot of  2.2 diesel engines due to this under warranty

The following guide covers the AD engine head gasket issues: 

The goodwill arrangement that Toyota used was for 7 years/111,846 miles (whichever occurred first) from first registration. A vehicle first registered in March 2009, is well outside the goodwill arrangement.

I realised that my Rav4 would have been outside this warranty now . Thats really why I would like to know the manufacturing date of my vehicle as I am under the impression that Toyota fixed the design some time in 2008. My Rav4 was registered in March 2009 but could possibly have been built in 2008 for all I know. The goodwill extended warranty only applied to RAV4 with the 2AD engine produced between the dates below

��RAV4 with 2AD (Prod. Date: Jul 2005 to Dec 2008)

1 hour ago, Mario Johnson said:

. There is a label on the seatbelt (july 2008) but my feeling is that date is just the manufacture date of the belt not the car.

My view is that the belts would have been put in when the car was built....my seat belt labels have the true date of build on them...I've checked with other sources to confirm.
The post above suggests the seat belt date is good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links