Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TAS500 (Yaris 2019 IIIgen Hybrid EU) not playing FLAC from pendrive

dumdirum

Hello,

I own a Toyota Yaris III Gen (EU, 2019, Hybrid) that is equipped with TAS500 multimedia unit (with Android Auto, Apple Car Play etc.). It comes with dedicated USB port where you can connect your phone but also external media. So yesterday i tried plugging in an USB with some music there, to play it from the basic multimedia interface (not my phone) and there is an issue.

On the pendrive, I've had both MP3 and FLAC audio mixed together but Media playback is detecting only the MP3 files on pendrive. It plays them right, it displays all metadata (folders, albums, artists, cover image etc.) but just for mp3 files. FLAC files are not detected at all (not even showing up on list of available music).

Anyone had issue like that? Maybe somebody has different experience of FLAC playback on TAS500? If it helps the firmware version of TAS500 unit seems to be EU 19.6.0

I'm excluding issues like "bad pendrive" or "bad pendrive formatting" etc. because if that was the case, even the MP3 files would be unplayable and more like whole pendrive would not be detected at all.

• 2 months later...

If you use android you can use an app to play them.

Im using AIMP from google play store with my car usb or bluetooth and sound is awsome

have you tried the flac files on their own pen drive, it may not be able to deal with mixed formats

• 1 month later...

Have you checked the TAS500 owners manual? I download a version and the unit does not support FLAC format! 
image.thumb.png.898bef0e37cce82ea3ad2a198c3d0c54.png

The first place to look when there is a query should be the manual, especially for new cars. I went to My Toyota and downloaded a copy of the owners manual to answer the question. Unfortunately Toyota currently only has manuals as far as 2012.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links