Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark plugs

Jefferson1755

Hi I wondered if anyone could help  me. I have a 2008 aygo and when I change my spark plug last  year 2019  they were covered in oil  all over the coil pack but the car runs very smooth no misfires . Sometimes theres blue smoke out of the exhaust but not all the time at all i was wondering if anyone could tell what it might be and will it cause damage to the car plus I can't really do anything until my gargre reopens and another thing there's a slow delay in 2nd gear when speeding up anyone know what that is 

Does the car burn oil? Do you top up between service, and if yes, how much? If no, how much oil is on the dipstick before service?

It's the cam cover Gasket/seals that are leaking that fills up the plug holes, simple and cheap fix, if its weeping down out the front the exhaust will burn the oil off what may give a bit off smoke

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-ELRING-Cylinder-Head-Cover-Seal-Gasket-497-380-Top-German-Quality/402189379997?fits=Model%3AAygo|Cars+Type%3A1.0&epid=1642077796&hash=item5da45ae99d:g:nn0AAOSwmTddWW-4

i take it its a 1.0L petrol

as for the slow second gear try changing up gear later

• Like 1

Yeah it's the 1.0L and it really takes it time in 2nd second once it gets passed 20mph and then it speeds up really fast and for the oil spark plugs I already have a cam cover seal. I just wanted to know because I got mixed answer some one said rocket cover seal or some said oil stem seals or head gasket 

Yeah it's the 1.0L and it really takes it time in 2nd second once it gets passed 20mph and then it speeds up really fast and for the oil spark plugs I already have a cam cover seal. I just wanted to know because I got mixed answer some one said rocket cover seal or some said oil stem seals or head gasket 
That means you are changing from 1st to 2nd too soon

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, furtula said:

Does the car burn oil? Do you top up between service, and if yes, how much? If no, how much oil is on the dipstick before service?

I top my oil up  when it's needed I check it once a week every Sunday I change the oil 4 times a year due to 20,000 miles I do a year. Annual service once a year and yes I do fill my oil up every week but my gargre has said it's normal because I do loads of miles . Thanks for the reply 

4 minutes ago, gampla said:

That means you are changing from 1st to 2nd too soon

So your telling me I should go to 20mph in first gear then change to 2nd to 30 mph

So your telling me I should go to 20mph in first gear then change to 2nd to 30 mph
If the car struggles mean revs are too low for that gear listen to the engine and find out when you should I cant tell you

9 minutes ago, gampla said:

If the car struggles mean revs are too low for that gear listen to the engine and find out when you should I cant tell you

Ok thank you and it's very hard if u don't have a Speedo and your car is super super quiet 

Ok thank you and it's very hard if u don't have a Speedo and your car is super super quiet 
It should have a speedo by law it won't have a rev counter

3 minutes ago, gampla said:

It should have a speedo by law it won't have a rev counter

Sorry i mean it doesn't have   rev counter it's  a top sec 2008 aygo that doesn't have a rev counter 

8 hours ago, Jefferson1755 said:

Ha ha, first time I've heard anyone describe the Aygo as super quiet. Mine certainly ain't.

I know you haven't got a rev counter, but these 1.0 engines don't really give any meaningful power until over 3500 rpm. Don't be afraid to give it some beans in first gear before changing to second.

3 hours ago, fordulike said:

Ha ha, first time I've heard anyone describe the Aygo as super quiet. Mine certainly ain't.

I know you haven't got a rev counter, but these 1.0 engines don't really give any meaningful power until over 3500 rpm. Don't be afraid to give it some beans in first gear before changing to second.

Well mine's very quiet it's great for long journeys at 70mph and getting 80mpg I do sometimes rev it a lot 

Listen to the engine, you don't really need a rev counter but......

49 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Listen to the engine, you don't really need a rev counter but......

Thank u

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 8:12 PM, flash22 said:

It's the cam cover Gasket/seals that are leaking that fills up the plug holes, simple and cheap fix, if its weeping down out the front the exhaust will burn the oil off what may give a bit off smoke

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-ELRING-Cylinder-Head-Cover-Seal-Gasket-497-380-Top-German-Quality/402189379997?fits=Model%3AAygo|Cars+Type%3A1.0&epid=1642077796&hash=item5da45ae99d:g:nn0AAOSwmTddWW-4

i take it its a 1.0L petrol

as for the slow second gear try changing up gear later

Hi mate I've change the rocket cover seal but I've noctie oil is leaking from the rocket cover seal and just put a new one could u tell me what I've missed or do u know what it could be 

22 hours ago, Jefferson1755 said:

Hi mate I've change the rocket cover seal but I've noctie oil is leaking from the rocket cover seal and just put a new one could u tell me what I've missed or do u know what it could be 

Where is it leaking from? Did you apply a blob of sealant on the joint between the cylinder head and timing chain cover? 

image.thumb.png.593406c0ab10d0134240d06c845f1a7e.png

10 minutes ago, garethpaul said:

Where is it leaking from? Did you apply a blob of sealant on the joint between the cylinder head and timing chain cover? 

It's all sorted now mate and do u know where the website is for this picture im trying to find the tightening of the bolts order and torque settings please thankk you 

26 minutes ago, garethpaul said:

It's all sorted now mate and do u know where the website is for this picture im trying to find the tightening of the bolts order and torque settings please thankk you 

Thank you for the link it's going to really help me to do the gasket cover seal the right way if there's any other links