Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper not working on 2013 Yaris - Replaced motor & stalk switch

LeeLee2012

Hi all, please can anyone help.

My rear wiper has stopped working. Just wouldn't switch on one day. I've checked and replaced fuse, replaced motor unit and today replaced the stalk switch, still nothing, which I guess indicates a cable fault?

Can anyone help? Does the cable from the stalk switch then go direct to the motor on tailgate? Should I run new cables? 

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place - first time on forum and searched for help but found none.

Thanks in anticipation. Lee

Moved to the Yaris club.

You did check there was power going to the wiper motor before changing it and the wiper stalk I hope.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:31 PM, flash22 said:

Do the numberplate lights work ?

Yes, although one bulb had blown and had to be replaced?

On 4/8/2020 at 5:35 PM, wildtapholer said:

You did check there was power going to the wiper motor before changing it and the wiper stalk I hope.

Hi there, I certainly did. My Toyota dealer checked it last week also as part of my service. Said the wiper motor needs replacing, however I replaced it and still nothing. I have now checked fuse (ALL OK), replaced motor (twice in face and tested original on another yaris and all 3 work fine!) and replaced stalk. So i'm now stuck! 

Check the powers and grounds to the motor (ignition on, stalk on) does the rear wash work ? does the boot lock ?

The power and grounds need to checked with a load (a 21w bulb is about 2 amp)

If you had the motor out easy way to test is run a live wire and an earth to the terminals from Battery, but keep fingers out of the way.