Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to change Front Brake Pads?

Waqs

On 4/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, Stivino said:

What tool are you using on it?

I used a spanner and a ratchet is it called, the one you can change the heads on.

It's going to be tight so, you might have to give it a good dunt or more leverage.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:42 PM, BALIKBAYAN said:

That sounds strange those bolts have only 30 Nm in torque.

If he used an adjustable like he mentioned then the head will more than likely be rounded off, or he could have even been turning it the wrong way.

I used all my force lol and I was turning it anti clockwise.

• Like 1

Get a proper 13mm six point socket and a T bar or breaker bar and it'll go.  Don't use a ratchet on it.

11 hours ago, Stivino said:

Get a proper 13mm six point socket and a T bar or breaker bar and it'll go.  Don't use a ratchet on it.

No worries. I think I need to purchase a new set of tools with everything included. Any ideas where I can get this from at a cheap cost (may be online)?

Thanks

I tend to only buy what I need one thing at a time.  That way, I get exactly what I want/need.

I wouldn't buy a complete set of tools because there will be things that will never be used and there will be things you need but are not included.

T bar

Socket

2 hours ago, Stivino said:

I tend to only buy what I need one thing at a time.  That way, I get exactly what I want/need.

I wouldn't buy a complete set of tools because there will be things that will never be used and there will be things you need but are not included.

T bar

Socket

Very true actually! I will got through my tool box and make a note of the tools I need.

Check Halfords their advance series are really good tools, prices are acceptable, a good tool case with pretty much everything you need for Japanese motor for around £120, there are some cheap but also good quality tools on eBay but it is a risky buy because despite they all look same there are various quality level and it’s very difficult to get the right one first time. 
Regards 

• Like 1

I'll second Halfords. On eBay, stick to decent brands, US Pro/Bergen is good quality for the price. Machine Mart generally have decent hand tools, too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links