Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel gauge

Lewisrob1

Hello need some help my Toyota Auris 2011 has got 102 miles left and it is still saying that iv got 3/4 of a tank left. When I went to fill it up it wont give me 350 miles it on gives me 285 miles. Any one got any ideas on what to do? 

15864207104671188125571117462009.jpg

Remaining miles is just an estimate based on your driving habits, consumption, fuel left, etc.

The reserve fuel is not calculated into this, so you can hit 0, and could still be able to drive for example 40-50 miles until the car actually runs out of fuel.

Those readings look a bit screwy. In your case I would definitely try disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes and then seeing if it resolves the issue. Disconnect the negative terminal only and when you reconnect the Battery push the terminal down the Battery post firmly and quickly and then lightly tighten. Do not overtighten the clamp. Only the radio should need retuning after this and resetting of the clock.  

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157794-auris-133-fuel-bar-fuel-consumption-and-all-that-stuff/

And another thought... there was a recall involving the fuel tank and filler neck. Has this been done? and if so has the problem occurred since then. I'm wondering if something has happened to the fuel sensor and float such that it is registering an incorrect level.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links