Do Not Sell My Personal Information

servicing

ian rooke

Hi does anyone know if Toyota intend to let the servicing (in order to maintain the warranty )slide I understand that the showrooms are shut but the workshops are not,  allowing  servicing of emergency workers cars but not the general public

Here is a thread from late in March

For Manufacturers warranty

Toyota have communicated with dealers and during Covid-19 restrictions they accept service schedules will be missed so it will not be a consideration for warranty purposes where servicing is late by date/reasonable mileage, key workers who are still using cars and that require servicing due to mileage can still make contact with Toyota/dealers and have there cars serviced as required.

Also once things return to normal Toyota understand warranties may have expired and owners were unable to visit a dealer so Toyota have already acknowledged this and will publish guidelines in due course of how long they intend to offer a period of grace to allow claims to processed.

For Toyota Extended warranty policies

Policies which expire, reported faults which cannot be attended to during this period: On resumption of normal network service provision of a one month extension will be applied to attend to any unresolved concerns.

Lapsed Vehicle Servicing: ‘Over-mileage’ parameters for lapsed servicing will be extended to 3,000 miles.

Policies with 2-4-1 that include 2 x free MOT's, MOT will be extended for 6 months in line with government guidelines.

Policy/Claim concerns resultant of restricted network service provision will be dealt with on a case-by case basis

Servicing & MOT must still be carried out at an official Toyota or Lexus Centre. 

• Like 1

Have Toyota UK said anything about coverage of the Hybrid Battery Extended Care Programme?

Mine's due for a health check in a couple of days, I'm in Ireland and I've asked Toyota Ireland by email but they haven't responded yet. That's not to say their policy would be the same though, but we're have pretty much the same policies on travel and staying at home here.

3 hours ago, QuantumFireball said:

Have Toyota UK said anything about coverage of the Hybrid Battery Extended Care Programme?

Mine's due for a health check in a couple of days, I'm in Ireland and I've asked Toyota Ireland by email but they haven't responded yet. That's not to say their policy would be the same though, but we're have pretty much the same policies on travel and staying at home here.

Nothing specific about HHC coverage but i would assume it follow that of the manufacturers warranty and allow an extension period for claim submission just ensure you get it completed once things return to normal.

Although I can't guarantee anything as Toyota Ireland is separate and independent from Toyota GB 

Yes, I understand they're separate from Toyota GB, I just thought the topic would be relevant as the same coverage exists in the UK.