Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low coolant warning on Dash

Motheo

Hi Guys

So since here in S.A we started pit Lockdown my 2011 Toyota Auris 1.3 has been standing(14 days) and today i decided to drive it to the shops.

Then the low coolant warning did not go off and i even bought 500ml still water and i have poured 250ml, but the warning light is still displaying on my dash.

Car is not leaking any coolant from what i can see, but will inspect further.

Any ideas

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Either leaking, or consuming it.  But since it has been standing for a lot, i would say leaking. Could be leaking on the water pump, indicating the pump should be changed.

Take a piece of cardboard and place under the engine and radiator, or if you have a plastic undertray, then place above it, i should help diagnose from where the leak is coming from. 

Either that, or it's consuming it, so check exhaust for water vapor.

Either leaking, or consuming it.  But since it has been standing for a lot, i would say leaking. Could be leaking on the water pump, indicating the pump should be changed.
Take a piece of cardboard and place under the engine and radiator, or if you have a plastic undertray, then place above it, i should help diagnose from where the leak is coming from. 
Either that, or it's consuming it, so check exhaust for water vapor.
I knew that i was missing something to diagnose.

Thanks for the Cardboard tip.

When you say "low Coolant light" are we talking about a blue light that comes on after starting? if so it is a Low temperature light not a low fluid level 

When you say "low Coolant light" are we talking about a blue light that comes on after starting? if so it is a Low temperature light not a low fluid level 
Not the low temperature light.

This is the warning light i am referring to.
6d2eee1280c10a8923a54c0b1359c928.jpg

That's the engine management warning light, you will need to have the car "plugged in" and the code read to determine what is at fault it highly unlikely to be coolant related 

That's the engine management warning light, you will need to have the car "plugged in" and the code read to determine what is at fault it highly unlikely to be coolant related 
Ok
Oddly though,went outside now to park the car and the ECU Warning light switched off and didn't stay on.

Switched off the car after few minutes and started it again and it switched off immediately. I am confused.

I need to invest in a bluetooth scanner device for myself as i will be keeping this car for many years to come.

I did think it was odd when you mentioned a low coolant warning as I've never seen an Auris with a coolant level sensor fitted. I assumed it must have been an option in other markets outside the UK, but the above explains it! 

I've got a bluetooth OBD scanner and they are well worth having. 

I did think it was odd when you mentioned a low coolant warning as I've never seen an Auris with a coolant level sensor fitted. I assumed it must have been an option in other markets outside the UK, but the above explains it! 

I've got a Bluetooth OBD scanner and they are well worth having. 

Please tell me more about that bluetooth scanner you have.

What make is it and where did you buy it?

please post up some pics as well.

Mine is just a generic ELM327 bluetooth dongle. Looking back through my old emails I apparently paid £6.50 for it from eBay in April 2014, so it's certainly nothing fancy!  It looks similar to this one:

Bluetooth dongle

You can then choose whichever app you want to read the data on your phone. Eg Carista, Torque, etc

• Like 1

Hi, those cheap one may work or may not, I personally will not recommend you to buy any of these because plenty of fake one. This one is one of the good one and if you want you can subscribe and unlock even more options. Carista OBD2 bluetooth Adapter, Scanner and App for iOS and Android with Dealer Level Technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_4a4JEbZD9DNDH

• Like 1