Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T-sport Makes Me Giggle

accylad

Just opened my 3 week old T-Sport up for the first time. Hit 520 miles and have been driving it like a nun for the last two weeks. I was determined to get to 600 miles before I did anything silly. I finally snapped on the duel carriageway from the M65 into Accrington tonight when an Alfa 146 1.6 twin spark had the audacity to try to mount my rear hatch. I hit 6250 revs in third and it took off ! I was giggling all the way to the traffic lights and the poor lass in the Alfa pulled up along side and gave me a withering look. I've never had the T-Sport engine before, my Celica was a 140 and although quick, was nothing like this.

I love it !

Accylad

Nice car. :drool: Congrats on the purchase.

Just love the moment when the lift kicks in. Can't resist hitting it at least once on every journey.

:)

I WATCHED CLARKSON TEST THE LOTUS EXIGE

(It has the same engine as t sport)and I agreed with him (faint)

When it hits the lift oh baby its well awesome enjoy it it never gets boring

trust me

If your not already run the car on Super-Unleaded. You will notice the difference. Since i have been I will never go back to the normal stuff. I am sure the lift comes in earlier than it used to..........

Had my CTS for over a year now and i still get a smile when i hit the lift and hear that amazing sound (i often drive with the driverside window down so i really can hear that awsome sound from the engine when it hits the lift) :D

Congratulations to your car man! :thumbsup:

If your not already run the car on Super-Unleaded. You will notice the difference. Since i have been I will never go back to the normal stuff. I am sure the lift comes in earlier than it used to..........

Does it really make a difference? I've been thinking of using it, but wasn't sure if it would be worth the extra money.

Will prob give it a try on next fill up. :thumbsup:

Oh yes. Engine is more responsive and I am sure the lift comes in nearer 6000rpm. Defo worth the exra couple of pence per litre. Economy is slightly better too. Make sure you run down the tank with the old stuff first because its best not to mix it too much...

Out here in Prague on my way to the office there are a pair of tunnels. Nothing clears the head better than nailing my CTS with the windows down in second. Scares the crap outa people queing to go straight on :D

Yes I know it's very childish for a 33 yo but never mind.... :rolleyes:

you're making me feel sad with all this lift experience and the 6000rpm sound, cause i can't afford a T-Sport :crybaby::crybaby: and i can assure you i know the feeling. There is no better sound and no better feeling when i'm on 3rd, reaching 7000 rpm and going up to 13000rpm with my honda cb400. It sounds and feels like blisss :drool:

Well Accylad you are the first person i have come across with a T-Sport that lives anywhere near me. I live at the Burnley end of the M65!!! I also have a T-Sport and must agree when the engine hits the 6000rpm mark it has a sound like a Screaming Banshee and makes you grin wider than Bill Clinton during a secretarial debriefing!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Out here in Prague on my way to the office there are a pair of tunnels. Nothing clears the head better than nailing my CTS with the windows down in second. Scares the crap outa people queing to go straight on :D

Yes I know it's very childish for a 33 yo but never mind.... :rolleyes:

Trust me , you're not the only one ! :lol:

tunnel - 2nd gear - 100kph - so the tiles fall off the wall :lol::lol:

Have to say i had my T sport for over a year now and the car just gets more and more rewarding to drive, fair enough its a bit soft and twitchy exiting corners but once you get the hang of it you feel like nothing can escape you, where i come from there are loads of bendy roads and its hard for anyone without the lift to appreciate how good an engine this car has, just want the new model now looks very nice :thumbsup:

Well Accylad you are the first person i have come across with a T-Sport that lives anywhere near me. I live at the Burnley end of the M65!!! I also have a T-Sport and must agree when the engine hits the 6000rpm mark it has a sound like a Screaming Banshee and makes you grin wider than Bill Clinton during a secretarial debriefing!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I couldn't have put it netter myself. Bill Clinton and secretarial debriefing :lol:

Sorry to brag to all those who dont own a T-Sport, but its brilliant. Every day my journey to work includes at least one 'lift' experience !

Accylad

Every day my journey to work includes at least one 'lift' experience !

Accylad

ohhh yes!!! nothing better to start the morning with :thumbsup:

Stop it you lot I want one but my dad says hang on till the end of the year

Can't wait as we have always had Toyota Sports cars but was gonna go Honda till the CTS came around!

I want the five door version as it would be more practical for the fellas - I hate moving the seats all the time

Oh well at least I have 129bhp to play with until then eh!

Later

Have to say i had my T sport for over a year now and the car just gets more and more rewarding to drive, fair enough its a bit soft and twitchy exiting corners but once you get the hang of it you feel like nothing can escape you, where i come from there are loads of bendy roads and its hard for anyone without the lift to appreciate how good an engine this car has, just want the new model now looks very nice :thumbsup:

That's the thing isn't it? The CTS is very friendly when you are thrashing it, never feels like an

unexpected bump will catch you out. Some people grumble about the soft chassis, but you can

always tell when you are getting to that point where you probably ought not to push any

harder :D

I find it pretty sure-footed in the wet too, especially with the VSC kit. Great to be able to

accelerate down a wet motorway slip road and feel the electronics keeping the front wheels

on track!

Paul.

That's the thing isn't it? The CTS is very friendly when you are thrashing it, never feels like an

unexpected bump will catch you out. Some people grumble about the soft chassis, but you can

always tell when you are getting to that point where you probably ought not to push any

harder :D

I find it pretty sure-footed in the wet too, especially with the VSC kit. Great to be able to

accelerate down a wet motorway slip road and feel the electronics keeping the front wheels

on track!

Paul.

Yeah totaly hit the nail on the head with that one, got to be one of the most stable cars in the wet, i have dunlops on mine and the vsc is very rarely on, grip always seems there and if you over do it, which i often do you can feel the vsc correct your mistakes. intresting to find out if anyone has lost control of one of these cars yet??

:thumbsup: Congrats Accylad, had my CTS (not brand new like yours) for 4 weeks and I just love it. There's this kind of, yeah, I'm going fast already, but I know there's that `special' extra when the lift kicks in.

Most of my mates really don't appreciate it until they jump in and feel the lift....I cannot publish their comments.

OK, it's not the hotest hatch on the market as far as I can read, but it has quality build, fast enough to bring that smile on your face, has Toyota assurance and still takes those boy racers by surprise.

I'm 35 and my wife is asking me to grow up when I drive....It's that lift you see, it becomes addictive.....!!

Enjoy.

:thumbsup:

Hi , I have had my new 2004 T sport for all of 3 days (Alsice Granite) and I just cant stop driving it, trying to take it easy for a good few miles but its soooo hard it just wants to go go go, Cant wait to just let it do what its meant to do!!!! :eek:

Jen

I have never felt comfortable with corners in my CTS. I feel happier in a 20 year old golf.

I did manage for the first time to shift 1 2 3 all in lift, first time. I also have to confess i also put the drivers window down, especialy when driving along side a wall near where i live the sound is amazing.

I have also done the tunnel thing. Window down in the blackwall tunnel, my ears were ringing for 2 days :) ... wont be doing that again in a hurry.

I have not tried super unleaded but Shell optimax gives around 10% extra fuel consumption, however it is a bit more expensive. Hard to say if performance is better.

First of all, i want to say HI :rolleyes: since this is my first message on this club.

In my family corollas are tradion. My father and i together have changed all corollas since 1977!!! (crazy with toyota you said?!??! :P )

Anyway, 10 days ago i sold my Corolla 1.6 3d 2002 model and bought the Face lift version (2004)............ VVTL-i Tsport.

yeap... i idid it!

I did more than 1400km since then. The engine is just umbelievable. Not to mention the sound. Bless Yamaha engineers for this "race" engine.

One question i have for you. The lift engages on 6200 rpm. Is there any contoler that can modify that? Lets say to 6000 rpm. :help:

I ll post few pictures soon.

Respect to all! :thumbsup: