Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Covid-19 Servicing & warranty allowances.

Devon Aygo

For Manufacturers warranty

Toyota have communicated with dealers and during Covid-19 restrictions they accept service schedules will be missed so it will not be a consideration for warranty purposes where servicing is late by date/reasonable mileage, key workers who are still using cars that require servicing due to mileage can still make contact with Toyota/dealers and have there cars serviced as required.

Also once things return to normal Toyota understand warranties may have expired and owners were unable to visit a dealer so Toyota have already acknowledged this and will publish guidelines in due course of how long they intend to offer a period of grace to allow claims to processed.

For Toyota Extended warranty policies

Policies which expire, reported faults which cannot be attended to during this period: On resumption of normal network service provision of a one month extension will be applied to attend to any unresolved concerns.

Lapsed Vehicle Servicing: ‘Over-mileage’ parameters for lapsed servicing will be extended to 3,000 miles.

Policies with 2-4-1 that include 2 x free MOT's, MOT will be extended for 6 months in line with government guidelines.

Policy/Claim concerns resultant of restricted network service provision will be dealt with on a case-by case basis

Servicing & MOT must still be carried out at an official Toyota or Lexus Centre.

• 2 months later...

My dealer is servicing my Corolla today. It should have had it's first service by 24th May under terms of warranty.

I asked if the service intervals should now be June each year (For me) but the dealers says that for the next service, the interval reverts back to the anniversary of my purchase date ie for me May each year, or 10,000 miles on from previous service, which ever is sooner.

Just a point to note , in case you were wondering, and have had a service delay due to the dealers being closed this year. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the protocol is same to any country. In the Philippines, I believe Toyota Motors also adjusted some of their warranty policies especially for those car owners that needs renewal during the lockdown period. And as far as I know, with regards to their service centers, it would be better if you will schedule an appointment before you go to their service centers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links