Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Parts

Clarkie1978

Hi all 👍

I hope you are all well and not too bored of being at home?? 

Just a thought.... When looking for parts for an Estima, would parts for a 2.4 Previa be exactly the same?? 

Thanks peeps as always, 

Russell 😁

Hi Russell, hope you are well also. In answer to your question most of the parts I've got are for a Previa, how are you getting on with your research?

• Like 1

The Estima was sold as the Previa in Europe.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Estima was sold as the Previa in Europe.

Hi Frosty. 

Yes I knew that, only because we had the Previa over here. 

Was just wondering if parts were compatible and if they were exactly the same?? 

👍

41 minutes ago, TP49 said:

Hi Russell, hope you are well also. In answer to your question most of the parts I've got are for a Previa, how are you getting on with your research?

Hi TP. 

Research is going good cheers and has thrown up something I already knew..... Toyotas are reliable!! 😂

I must admit that I could also be tempted by an Elgrand but I think an Estima would be ultra reliable which is something I definitely want!! 

In my looking on YouTube for Estimas, I came across a cool channel which is a group of young chaps (probably in their late teens or early twenties) in America, who have Previas as their dailys and other cool retro cars like Toyota Cressidas etc. 

They are a bit battered and rusty but they look really cool if you know what I mean and they do different mods to them. 

Stay safe guys!! 👍

Would imagine there may be differences in some mechanical parts as there were different versions for the Japanese Domestic Market that weren't available in Europe (eg the hybrid, 3.0 litre petrol).

Toyota only exported the first and second generations to Europe (first generation 2.4 petrol, second generation 2.4 petrol and 2.0 diesel) before ceasing exports as they couldn't compete with the discounted Ford/VW joint venture MPV's.

• Thanks 1

You mean you haven't bought one yet.????..tut, tut,..lol

The ElGrand is fine...IF you need that extra space and (mostly) 3.5 litres etc....though IIRC you need to check out any cat. issues...I think there are 4..a web search should throw up info...or the owners club.

I still put Toyota ahead in the reliability stakes..and that was important to me...and I haven't been disappointed

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

You mean you haven't bought one yet.????..tut, tut,..lol

The ElGrand is fine...IF you need that extra space and (mostly) 3.5 litres etc....though IIRC you need to check out any cat. issues...I think there are 4..a web search should throw up info...or the owners club.

I still put Toyota ahead in the reliability stakes..and that was important to me...and I haven't been disappointed

Not yet matey.... But we are in a lockdown after all!! 😉

I can't just yet as I've only had my Nissan for nearly 4 months, so I've got to wait a while otherwise my missus will go crackers!! 😂

From what I understand with the Elgrand, the rear cats need to be decored to prevent any issues. 

I'm 99% certain I'll go for the Estima, especially as the ones for sale from the place you mentioned in Essex look great, are well priced and it's nice and local 👍

I didn't realise you live in Essex too!! I live in Shoeburyness, where abouts are you?? 

52 minutes ago, Clarkie1978 said:

Not yet matey.... But we are in a lockdown after all!! 😉

I can't just yet as I've only had my Nissan for nearly 4 months, so I've got to wait a while otherwise my missus will go crackers!! 😂

From what I understand with the Elgrand, the rear cats need to be decored to prevent any issues. 

I'm 99% certain I'll go for the Estima, especially as the ones for sale from the place you mentioned in Essex look great, are well priced and it's nice and local 👍

I didn't realise you live in Essex too!! I live in Shoeburyness, where abouts are you?? 

That's Tony, mate...not me...I'm in Rutland and bought my Esti from Stockport.!!..and yes, I recall the de-core on the rear cats with the ElGrand.

Hopefully you'll get there in the end.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

That's Tony, mate...not me...I'm in Rutland and bought my Esti from Stockport.!!..and yes, I recall the de-core on the rear cats with the ElGrand.

Hopefully you'll get there in the end.

What a berk I am!! 😄

Yes mate... I shall get there!! 👍

So TP, my fellow Essex boy.... Where abouts in Essex are you?? 

Hi Russell, I'm just the other side of Colchester, Essex Suffolk border. Nothing wrong with research, knowledge is good keep it going.🤓🤓

• Like 1

You have to watch the height on an elgrand as well!  took one of mine to Paris couldn't park anywhere! all the car parks where 100 mm less that the height of the elgrand. Took a 3.5 v6 estima last time and it was fine everywhere but the mpg killed me ! if you are looking for an acr50 give me a shout back!

• Thanks 1

Hi guys.... Hope you are all well? 

Just a thought..... Do you think UK Toyota dealers could source Estima parts? 

Cheers all.. 

Russell. 

• 2 weeks later...

If looking for a estima during lock down try this company in Oldham, mine is getting delivered today https://www.driveawaycarsltd.co.uk/

They are all reduced also with the lock down, Ijust picked up a 09 for the price of an 06.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:14 AM, Clarkie1978 said:

Hi guys.... Hope you are all well? 

Just a thought..... Do you think UK Toyota dealers could source Estima parts? 

Cheers all.. 

Russell. 

I'm sure they could....and you'd pay dealer prices too..so why would you need to or want to.?

You can get all you need yourself.

• Thanks 1

Dealers will get you the parts but they are not cheap, some items can be cross-referenced if you have the OEM part numbers, interior parts are as rare as rocking horse droppings you may need to look a Croooober and Buyee (yahoo auctions jp)

febi/Blueprint seem to make a far bit for the Jap import market but as its a low volume, niche market the prices can be a bit eye watering

eg. discs for a Previa £40 each, discs for a Ractis £80-120 each

• Like 1

At £65-£70 for good/OEM quality disc and pad set for my V6 Estima is a price I'm happy to pay.

I don't feel that's excessive tbh

• Like 1

For mine at local garage, front discs £84 pads £26. Happy with that.

• Like 1

By the time mine were fitted, Tony. I would say the total price would have been about the same as yours.

Like you...I'm happy with that.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, Clarkie1978 said:

Just a thought.... When looking for parts for an Estima, would parts for a 2.4 Previa be exactly the same?? 

Hi,

Is it a yes or a now for the previa?

I have a Lucida and am looking for a pair of Front Disc Shields/Covers the plate that fits behind the front brake discs.

I have scoured the internet and only found one source for new parts at £75 each from th(ebay), my lucida has ABS and 2WD is a 1995 reg so I was hoping to find some cheaper used ones perhaps.

The BMW ones are cheaper at £55 from same supplier.

If anyone has a source for parts new or used that would be very helpful as the MOT id due later this month, I wouldnt want it to fail on those faulty rotted dust shields.

Thanks

The Estima was sold as the Previa in some markets including Europe. There will be some differences in parts as the Estima is a Japanese Domestic Market vehicle, and the Previa was for export. The Estima Emina and Estima Lucida were narrower, shorter versions of the Estima - the vehicle taxation system in Japan is based on length and width, and the Emina and Lucida fell into a lower tax band.

15 hours ago, DB28 said:

Hi,

Is it a yes or a now for the previa?

I have a Lucida and am looking for a pair of Front Disc Shields/Covers the plate that fits behind the front brake discs.

I have scoured the internet and only found one source for new parts at £75 each from th(ebay), my lucida has ABS and 2WD is a 1995 reg so I was hoping to find some cheaper used ones perhaps.

The BMW ones are cheaper at £55 from same supplier.

If anyone has a source for parts new or used that would be very helpful as the MOT id due later this month, I wouldnt want it to fail on those faulty rotted dust shields.

Thanks

I've known peeps take them off and throw them away....and not replace them.!

Don't think them not being there would be an MOT issue tbh..??

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, RUToyota said:

I've known peeps take them off and throw them away....and not replace them.!

Don't think them not being there would be an MOT issue tbh..??

I can confirm they are NOT required for the MOT, my vehicle passed its MOT today without any mention of them .

Thanks RUToyota

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links