Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring double din radio

Nollie17

Hey all I’m new to wiring radios.(never done one in my life haha) my new radios just arrived it’s this one :https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07N7PVS4Q/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have an 07 toyota aygo and I have a few questions would be majorly appreciated if someone could help.

1.Do I need to buy a radio harness adaptor for the wiring on this new stereo?

2.If I don’t need a new harness how do I go about wiring the radio

I think besides wiring I have everything I have a fascia and the kit for fitting it an aerial adaptor the stereo and the connections for the new radio that came with it just lost as to where to start with wiring

ive attached pics of the connections on the new stereo

948760AD-F78E-4494-8C6E-45142A3F019A.jpeg

Also if I do need a wiring harness could anyone send me a link to one for an aygo as I haven’t been able to find one!

Hi there,

I am sure others will come along to help you out here, there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum

We replaced our stock radio for a new Sony last year, definitely used a harness which was a perfect fit, and the job was straight forward, I'm sure there are loads of videos on YouTube to help you at every step

10 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi there,

I am sure others will come along to help you out here, there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum

We replaced our stock radio for a new Sony last year, definitely used a harness which was a perfect fit, and the job was straight forward, I'm sure there are loads of videos on YouTube to help you at every step

Do you know where you got the harness from?

You can get a harness adapter for the car made by connects 2 (no steering wheel controls)

if you have steering wheel controls you will need an adapter for them, but you may have issues with these cheap Chinese units get it to work properly

You will also need an aerial adapter and a maybe a fascia adapter

Are you really putting this in a brand-new car ? also with the double din in the Aygo the radio can be no deeper than 150mm

please update your profile

42 minutes ago, flash22 said:

You can get a harness adapter for the car made by connects 2 (no steering wheel controls)

if you have steering wheel controls you will need an adapter for them, but you may have issues with these cheap Chinese units get it to work properly

You will also need an aerial adapter and a maybe a fascia adapter

Are you really putting this in a brand-new car ? also with the double din in the Aygo the radio can be no deeper than 150mm

The full kit for the Aygo is CTKTY17

https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTKTY17

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=CTKTY17&_sacat=0

Do I need a harness adaptor? There is no steering wheel controls for the radio

i know I’m a rookie but honestly lost with where to start with wiring as any videos of seen for an aygo they don’t show the actual wiring literally just show the wiring done and then put the radio into the fascia

26D84771-D416-4B55-A881-1A296DD54210.jpeg

25C2DB64-B42A-4E09-ABB9-358C00A20DE0.jpeg
I’ve been looking at radio harnesses for a Yaris which look exactly the same would this be correct? Would a Yaris radio harness work with my aygos radio setup

Sincere apologies, on second thoughts, I don’t think that we did use an adaptor, once we removed the old stock radio including the wiring plugged in, we were left with the existing wiring rooms coming from the car which were female, and the wiring from our new Sony were male ends and plugged straight in...i Remember it now, it was so easy.

My original links where for the 2014-2020 aygo

you will need a fascia as it's a 2007 -

CT23TY23 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT23TY23-Double-DIN-Facia-Plate-for-Toyota-Aygo-2005-2014/352510161142?hash=item52133e30f6:g:xnkAAOSwfX9b5Aw6

also a

ISO to DIN aerial adapter https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT27AA01-Aerial-Antenna-ISO-to-DIN-Adaptor/171375678535?hash=item27e6c95447:g:ZDgAAOSwy3Jb3XV1

The radio you have has iso on the rear so just a case of plugging it in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links