Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima 3rd row seats?

Clarkie1978

Hi all.....Happy Easter!🐣

I hope you are all safe and well? 

Just a quicky regarding the 3rd row of seats! 

Do my eyes deceive me or do some Estima have a bench 3rd row of seats without the 60/40 split? 

If so, can these fold away or flat to make the boot bigger? 

Or would they have to be removed from the car? 

Thanks as always for your help, 

Russell. 

I would have thought that the majority had a 3rd row bench seat.?...Mine does...but no 60/40 split...but it can be laid flat or folded up..and moved forward to increase the boot space..quite a bit more space if you move the middle seats forward too of course.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

I would have thought that the majority had a 3rd row bench seat.?...Mine does...but no 60/40 split...but it can be laid flat or folded up..and moved forward to increase the boot space..quite a bit more space if you move the middle seats forward too of course.

I only ask as I've seen some photos of some 3rd row seats as a 60/40 split and some as a bench seat. 

I just wanted to make sure that the 3rd row as a bench style seat could be moved or flatted to increase the boot space! 👍

I think the earlier Previs had the rear back row seats that folded up against the sides of the car. I don't think the later ones do,  mine has a bench third row seat.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clarkie1978 said:

I only ask as I've seen some photos of some 3rd row seats as a 60/40 split and some as a bench seat. 

I just wanted to make sure that the 3rd row as a bench style seat could be moved or flatted to increase the boot space! 👍

The seat back folds back to make the seat flat like a bed it does'nt fold away. You can lift the seat base up and slide the bench forward as Neil has said. I think it was the early Estima Emina that also had the fold away seats.

• Thanks 1

The Estima seems to have SO many options..it almost seems that no two would be the same..lol

Depends on what was ordered from the factory as to seating and many other things..the choice was a very wide one.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your help as always chaps! 👍

• Thanks 1

both 7 and 8 seater versions have the 3rd row seats with a 60/40 split.
They can fold away fully into an underfloor recess - separately or together.  Or can folded down to form a 'table' - again separately or together. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 13.52.07.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 13.51.55.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 13.51.49.png

• Thanks 1

From some photos I've seen of various  Estima for sale, not all have the 60/40 split. 

15 minutes ago, Clarkie1978 said:

From some photos I've seen of various  Estima for sale, not all have the 60/40 split. 

Correct...certainly not all Estimas have that facility....you have to get to model year 2006 (MkIII) I reckon before you can get such "luxuries"..lol

• Thanks 1

Yet another variation of the Estima, I'm amazed it wasn't done through out the range. The second row  seats in mine are split the third row is a bench seat and is an eight seater.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree, Tony...pity that split option on the rear seat wasn't standard from day one on all of them

Mine is a seven seater with two separate captain's type seats in the middle row.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links