Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What colour is it?????

iand12

Hi

My new Prius plus is 'Phantom blue'. however it changes depending upon the light! Looking out of my window now it's dark green, but in sunlight its sparkling blue and looks black at other times. I've had other metallic vehicles before but nothing like this. I just hope I can still find the car in a crowded car park (when all this madness is over) without having to paint white stripes on it!

Ian

• Like 1

Moved to the Prius club.

It will be a metallic pearl (pearlescent) maybe a mica, I had a late 90's Corsa with a met pearl, that was grey, black and green with yellow and green metallic in some lights

I once had a '97 Civic Coupe that appeared in various shades of green or blue depending on the angle viewed from and whether it was sunny or not.

I once saw a Nissan like that the colour you saw depended on the angle of sighting. Owner informed me that it’s an extra cost. It also had a reversing camera, almost unheard of at the time. Guess what, ironically it had a dent in the back 😲😂

19 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

I once saw a Nissan like that the colour you saw depended on the angle of sighting. Owner informed me that it’s an extra cost.

Back around 1998 Nissan did two models in photochromic paint finish which appeared to be different colours in certain lights - the Micra and the Primera. We almost went for a new Primera in photochromic, but got a better deal on a red SX. Photochromic is quite different to the finish on today's Prius.

pRIMERA.jpg

I had an Nissan Note 2009 with "cider" colour and i could look like Cider/Bronze, Grey, Silver or even Purple depending on light

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Back around 1998 Nissan did two models in photochromic paint finish which appeared to be different colours in certain lights - the Micra and the Primera. We almost went for a new Primera in photochromic, but got a better deal on a red SX. Photochromic is quite different to the finish on today's Prius.

pRIMERA.jpg

Hey Mike it was exactly like the one in your picture and it was a Primera. I just couldn’t remember the model, 🤭😡 the guy who owned it was English and had just joined our golf club. It was around that time too.

Very interesting and attractive colour, not to mention fun too.  Wonderful! 😀

I'd be very worried years down the line as a prospective owner of a secondhand (or third or fourth) owner though.  Say the car is ten or fifteen years old and on its fourth owner and they have a bump.  How is your local independent body shop going to source that paint?  Perhaps they can get it, but how well will it go on and what would it cost as opposed to bog standard white or green or red?

Another scenario is that the car will be written off for the price of the paint for a wing or a bumper.

Perhaps I'm being pessimistic.

Mick.